Astro's Kopernicus Planets

Astrofox

What would you want in the planet pack?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in the planet pack?

• more moons
    • more planets
    • "lagrange point" moons/planets
    • rings
    • cubic planetary system
    • more moons around stock planets
    • other, and just post a comment asking for what you wish.

K guys I have just released the next version of Kerbol Plus and now I can focus more on this mod. For now I have 1/4 of the textures redone. Think about how new horizonts or kerbol plus textures look. Now look at the textures when i finish!

Awesome amarius1, I haven't played KSP in a while, and I started back just today!

I launched a CoRoT spacecraft mock-up and I still see Mysterio from Kerbin (I LOVE THAT!).

Yeah, My first few attempts weren't so successful, especially since I was originally gonna use Rapiers for my Soyuz rocket (darn even draining with stages and radial decouplers!).

Anyway, KSP 1.0.3 (or 1.0.4) came out a bit ago, and I still haven't upgraded to the latest version.

Okay then, I'll update to the newest version, also, are there any fixed configs for the moons and planets?

- - - Updated - - -

Updated: However, I tried using the GasPlanet example for the newer gas planet and I got nothing, all the other planets were there, just not Putor.

I've modified the config to fit the parameters of Putor, but it doesn't seem to work.

Here's the Planet: PutorSystem

Just place it into the Astro'sPlanets GameData folder.

Sorry for the bad textures - we may fix them to look a bit better and more stock-a-like.

Never mind that, I got it working - well, I made a better gas giant based off the GasPlanet example.

Anyway, I will be creating some more stuff with the system (I'll install EVE for the planet clouds).

Hello everybody, so I haven't done much in the past few weeks, sorry :(

Question 1: Where could I get the latest download, so I can continue development?

Question 2: which version of Kopernicus should I use, I've been using the one from OPM

So I've been having issues with Kopernicus not properly applying HeightColorMaps, and I was stumped until I saw this in the code in Kopernicus:

[ParserTarget("altitudeStart")]
private NumericParser<double> altitudeStart
{
set { landClass.[U][B]altStart [/B][/U]= value.value; }
}

[ParserTarget("altitudeEnd")]
private NumericParser<double> altitudeEnd
{
set { landClass.[U][B]altStart [/B][/U]= value.value; }
}

As you can see in the underlined areas, the altitudeEnd and altitudeStart both set the altitudeStart value internally. This makes it so only one of the Land Classes shows up, no matter what you do.

I submitted a pull request to Thomas P., whose fork of Kopernicus most people use, but for now, I'm using my own fork, which has this issue fixed.

EDIT: so apparently, there's a Kopernicus beta release on the main Kopernicus repository that I didn't know about. It still doesn't have this issue fixed though. I'll submit a pull request there too.

Edited by MrHappyFace

Mr.HappyFace, Use Kopernicus 0.1, It works like a charm.

Also, I have created another star with a planet around it - I'll update the spreadsheet and Give you the download soon.

I downloaded and built the source of Kopernicus 0.1, and am using that. This is just so I can use HeightColorMaps without issue until the next release of Kopernicus. Probably going to start working on the plugin portion of the glowy purple planet next.

I'm looking forward to seeing the progress made in the last few weeks. :)

Alright, Here's the download: Astro'sPlanets - ALL THE PLANETS!

Anyway, not everything has been fixed up, and We need to make HD101 a different color (reddish) and move its orbit a bit.

Also, the textures for Kinern and HD101b are the same, but colored differently and really need to be improved (I made those with MS paint since I don't have any editing software like Photoshop).

I like the design, but I think that I will end up just making them just one color bodies and adding some cloud layers, but then again that would make EVE a requirement.

So, we should really just improve them and remove the spots for now.

Exoplanets are a good idea, didn't we say that we were already going to do separate stay systems though?

Looking through the files, now we have some new planets in we should stop for a bit and work on fixing and improving the planets that we have.

Alright, I've added only one more moon, that moon is HD101ba.

That's all for now until we fix everything up so that the planets are working properly.

Well, I've just completed moon because I was almost finished with it and I didn't get the message sooner (I was away and I didn't reload the page until I was finished with writing everything up).

I tested Tyrok again today, but still nothing - I'll try to fix the bug.

Anyway amarius1, do you like the new exoplanets idea?

I realy like the exoplanet idea! Here's an idea for my next pack: KerbalExpansion adds clouds only visible from orbit to all the existing celestial bodies and adds HD textures to them. Adds new parts that fill the gaps in stock and retextures existing ones. Adds a new gas giant system and more dwarf planets. What do you think? BTW, textures for Astro's are going well.

Woah, I fixed my star color so that it's red (although it's blood red when your craft are around it and the planet).

Although, I do like that green for a star color - after all, this is KSP.

Although, I would suggest moving that somewhere else when you download the updated version of the pack that's here:

Astro'sPlanets - ALL

Come to think of it -that could be another star with even more planets...

Name the star whatever you want - I've just named the official first one HD101 just for simplicity and cataloged star name realism.

I would like to see a wide variety of stars (maybe a neutron star with some planets? Brown Dwarfs that orbit each other (not Sawob and Yof - those are going to be closer and will be gas giants, not the brown dwarf type)? Maybe even a protostar system, with developing planets?).

There's just so much to do!

Anyway, you may re-name your star config, unless you want to go with the green (I did make HD101b a redish color though, just for aesthetics and color scheme of the system).

Edit: I found something we could model...

J1407

Edited by Astrofox

Those are some large rings, lets do it. XD (Later though, we have a lot that we need to fix.)

Anyways, do you want me to smooth the coloring of HD101? I can also work on a corona too.

- - - Updated - - -

60I6MLY.png

Well... I think I've made a breakthrough.

I suck at color mixing.

Edited by Hammersamatom

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.