Astro's Kopernicus Planets

Astrofox

What would you want in the planet pack?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in the planet pack?

• more moons
    • more planets
    • "lagrange point" moons/planets
    • rings
    • cubic planetary system
    • more moons around stock planets
    • other, and just post a comment asking for what you wish.

Wow, I went to a ship that I launched into Kerbin orbit a while ago, and I can barely see Mina in a 100km orbit - that's awesome!

[i will put a picture of this awesomeness here, as soon as I learn how to make spoilers and stuff like that]

Wow, I went to a ship that I launched into Kerbin orbit a while ago, and I can barely see Mina in a 100km orbit - that's awesome!

[i will put a picture of this awesomeness here, as soon as I learn how to make spoilers and stuff like that]

for spoilerst do:

Tihoratus is Mysterios new moon with lava oceans and a very thick atmosphere that doesn't allow much light to get trought. It works well, but I still nead tweaking the lava oceans.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, what does it mean - I know it's the name of my planet, but what does it actually mean?

awesome! Im on my way to make a texture for sedna-like object as soon as I'll have time.

Edited by amarius1

So I finished MTM-3, and it's lookin pretty nice. Nice blue, icey ammonia comet thingy. :)

However, there is a bug where the terrain is completley flat, even though the scaled mesh is not. <--- fixed it :D

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I also thought that all of the other moons were too far away, because Mysterio is 20x smaller than Jool, and yet MTM-1/4's orbits were larger than Bop's, so I tried scaling them down to something else. Also, MTM-1 Haricot was just on the edge of Mysterio's SOI, so yeah...

These orbits are included in my download. I didn't change anything else about the planets.

I was playing around with the menu, and managed to get the main menu to feature Mysterio instead of Kerbin. Still trying to get moons working.

WARNING:

Having OPM and this mod causes huge errors, probably because they're fighting over who gets Eeloo. :(

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zncbxeme5w8gz8f/06-02-2015-AKPP.zip?dl=0

I'm not including the menu plugin because it's still really unstable.

Also, I'm sort of confused about which MTM's are which. The spreadsheet says that MTM-2 "Tyrok" is going to be the one with lava oceans, but amarius just said that Tihoratus just got lava oceans. Do they both have lava oceans?

Also, a word of advice: If you're having trouble with the scaled map version not updating, try deleting the contents of Kopernicus/Cache. I've found that Kopernicus will ignore any new changes that needs to made to the scaled mesh if there's already a cached one, so deleting it fixed it. Also, install HyperEdit for playing with orbits. It's great having an in-game tool for that stuff. It's also great for exploring/testing planets easily.

Also, do I say also too much?

Also, also, also, also, also, also... The word has lost meaning for me.

Edited by MrHappyFace

Yea, the orbits need work, I made them that way so we would have a lot of space to work with.

Concerning names, Amarius, I thought Tyrok was your moon of Lava Oceans?

And finally, Happy, do the logs mention what OPM and AKP are fighting over, because we haven't adjusted Eeloo other than adding a moon. I know for a fact that adding a moon to a body, then moving said body does not cause errors.

That menu plugin looks cool too, nice work.

Personally, I tend to use the same word while talking a lot as well, hence why I edit everything.

Edited by Hammersamatom

Yea, the orbits need work, I made them that way so we would have a lot of space to work with.

Concerning names, Amarius, I thought Tyrok was your moon of Lava Oceans?

And finally, Happy, do the logs mention what OPM and AKP are fighting over, because we haven't adjusted Eeloo other than adding a moon. I know for a fact that adding a moon to a body, then moving said body does not cause errors.

Sorry, Tyrok is the short name i use for Tihoratus. We may use the first. Still testing the dense atmosphere... It realy looks like a red Titan, where you literaly cannot see anything but the clouds from orbit. Also, NO EVE REQUIRED FOR THAT!

Yeah, they are too close...

I will probably get around to getting the basic code of another moon set up before the end of the day, but don't rely to much on it, however, I have found awesome textures and that may be the smallest moon I could possibly create, unless anyone wants to make a moon smaller...

But hey, at least it's a test of the minimal size.

Just so you know, MTM2 aka Tirok, the thick atmospheric lava red planet will be just a bit bigger than Laythe. I am still not quite fine with the idea of this mini gas giant...

BTW, finished rings for Mysterio.

Care to share the Config. I'll check it over.

Heh it was very strange tryibg to fix this mod. In the end I just copied one of Kerbol Plus' configs and changed things around accordingky but the planet still not appeared... Cheers!

Huh, the KSP logs folder doesn't have "asterix" in it (the trojan moon of MTM-4-Tihoratus).

It's just called Asterix, but it seems that there is an Asterix-Tihoratus and just a Tihoratus.

Here's the LOGS

@Astrofox, you are using an outdated version of Kopernicus, use the one from OPM or NewHorizons. ;)

Quick questions, the most recent public release is 0.0.6, correct? Also, why is the Kopernicus download from github broken, I downloaded it and got Red Exceptions, and nothing loaded.

I have a working version from NewHorizons.

@Astrofox, you are using an outdated version of Kopernicus, use the one from OPM or NewHorizons. ;)

Or from Kerbol Plus! If I'm not mistaked it uses a version even newer than NH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick questions, the most recent public release is 0.0.6, correct? Also, why is the Kopernicus download from github broken, I downloaded it and got Red Exceptions, and nothing loaded.

I have a working version from NewHorizons.

Yep, don't use 0.0.6, it's not compatible with 1.0. I don't know about the dev version you are using, but I'm usinv the latest with oceans and everything works fine. Now, if I would only find a proper cloud twxture for Tyrok's dense atmosphere... Remember people, no EVE!

Found something with Eeloo and OPM - the SOI is smaller, and so Alo needs to be moves closer when we write the Module Manager configs for OPM compatibility, unless you want it to be closer (within 1159km).

Edit: just delete the Eeloo config in the Sarnus' Moons file.

Edited by Astrofox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.