KSP Research & Development Department

I am building a website that will be similar to the Spacecraft Exchange, however have added features such as stats (TWR, top speed, mass, etc.), ratings/comments about in-game performance, design features, tech levels, classification (boat, rover, rocket, atmospheric plane, etc.) and more. The biggest thing I need right now are spacecrafts and I was hoping you guys/gals could send me some of your best designs. Just send the .cfg to [email protected] with any comments on what it is/does, mods needed to make it work, and what version of KSP (I have 0.23, 0.23.5, 0.24, 0.25, 0.90, and 1.0(.2)) Thank you! The first version of site should launch sometime around July 23.

Edited by R&DD

I don't know what bad icky is, hmm... similar to KerbalX however there they don't seem to post helpful comment such as "...can easily over-maneuver with..." etc. Or tech level i.e. this rocket can be built with the General Rocketry and Survivability nodes, etc. for career mode folks.

however there they don't seem to post helpful comment such as "...can easily over-maneuver with..." etc. Or tech level i.e. this rocket can be built with the General Rocketry and Survivability nodes, etc. for career mode folks.

Yes, but that's the poster's fault, and it's hard if not impossible to ascertain the atmospheric flight characteristics just from a craft file, because you'd have to develop a new aero simulation accounting for stock physics, which would most likely require a peek into KSP's source code. With FAR, ferram4 knows exactly how the physics work-He coded them himself (Mostly). With stock, we can only do testing-there's no real way to guess exactly how something will fly without taking it into KSP and flying it. Tech level is an interesting idea however, and should be easily readable from the craft file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.