[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

On 1/6/2016 at 9:04 PM, YANFRET said:

Here is an emergency hot fix update for you while we make final preps on the full 1.0.5A update (soon)

Chaka 1.0.5A Hotfix Update Zip

(Merge with existing 1.0.5 install in GameData)

Download 1.0.5A Hotfix Dropbox Link

Includes:

Fixed Altair internal

Fixed Orion-B nodes

Fixed Orion Spacecraft Adapter collider (explosive sep issue)

Fixed Crew Tunnel not showing up in Career

Fixed White Upper Tank with duplicate object name

Added texture for Next Gen Orion Cap!

Added new NDS dock port sizes (final config)

Hello... I don't know if this 1.0.5A was released for the issue i reported regarding the landing module but... 

I installed it and now i can see the Kerbals that are inside the module... But i still can't get them out of there !.... It says. (The module has no hatch)

What am i missing ?

3 hours ago, younitty said:

Hello... I don't know if this 1.0.5A was released for the issue i reported regarding the landing module but... 

I installed it and now i can see the Kerbals that are inside the module... But i still can't get them out of there !.... It says. (The module has no hatch)

What am i missing ?

Maybe the landing module was missing the module in the CFG that allowed it to have a hatch? 

Also which landing module are you talking about? I'll have a look at it ASAP.

Edited by Delta_8930

It was ALTAIR Explorer.

Ho and i just re-installed the entire package after re-downloading it from page 1 of the current forum thread... It seams like the corrections you made(i.e. patch 1.0.5A) is not ported to the main package file on page 1... I will have to re-install this patch again. (Not complaining... Just raising a flag. )

17 minutes ago, younitty said:

It was ALTAIR Explorer.

Ho and i just re-installed the entire package after re-downloading it from page 1 of the current forum thread... It seams like the corrections you made(i.e. patch 1.0.5A) is not ported to the main package file on page 1... I will have to re-install this patch again. (Not complaining... Just raising a flag. )

The manufacturer confirmed it is broken since our remake of the Altair for 1.0.5, a fix is pending. They have it taken apart on the factory floor right now.

On 1/24/2016 at 8:34 PM, Motokid600 said:

What diameter are you making those landing legs for? Ive been dying to find a nice pair of legs for my 5m booster.

Kartoffelkuchen made them for his "Launchers Pack" > https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/157/Launchers%20Pack and brought them over in a nice shipping container. They are set to 3.75 meter but of course you could enlarge them if you need to.

8 hours ago, YANFRET said:

The manufacturer confirmed it is broken since our remake of the Altair for 1.0.5, a fix is pending. They have it taken apart on the factory floor right now.

Kartoffelkuchen made them for his "Launchers Pack" > https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/157/Launchers%20Pack and brought them over in a nice shipping container. They are set to 3.75 meter but of course you could enlarge them if you need to.

Actually I think the landing legs were built for a 3.66m Falcon 9 but they work great on 3.75m rockets nonetheless.

SLS - ALCOR Transfer Lander Plus

Replaces NOS Altair Explorer for Munar transfer until model fix is ready

MPLM Hab stays in Munar orbit with Orion

lbzDVQ.jpg

AMLV III - Orion Munar

ef3KEs.jpg
X1Hvrh.jpg
mqRSzn.jpgXHT9Ke.jpgcEbfvC.jpg
zDQtRF.jpg
ydvLIh.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

15 hours ago, V8jester said:

Hey Yanfret, the Orion adaptor is still showing signs of collider issues even after that 1.0.5 A patch. Is this stil an item on your bug list?

You know that's interesting I had a light tussle with it the other day and applied another fix, what issue did you have?

@ All: I'd like to get a copy of the next update out for testing this week, if you would like to help out let me know.

4 hours ago, YANFRET said:

You know that's interesting I had a light tussle with it the other day and applied another fix, what issue did you have?

@ All: I'd like to get a copy of the next update out for testing this week, if you would like to help out let me know.

The traditional Whiley Coyote stuff. Jettisons so hard all the surface mounted parts like rcs and solar panels are left where the Orion jettisoned from. And the Orion pod breaks off of the service module. Basically the colider for the Orion adaptor is not hallow. So the engine on ther service module is "inside" the Orion adaptor on the top of ICPS stage. So when jettisoned it blower everything appart.

On 2/2/2016 at 8:00 PM, V8jester said:

The traditional Whiley Coyote stuff. Jettisons so hard all the surface mounted parts like rcs and solar panels are left where the Orion jettisoned from. And the Orion pod breaks off of the service module. Basically the colider for the Orion adaptor is not hallow. So the engine on ther service module is "inside" the Orion adaptor on the top of ICPS stage. So when jettisoned it blower everything appart.

Let me take another swing at your question a different way :P dump everything and try this and see if it still happens

Chaka 1.0.5A Beta Test Download

♦ Has nice items

♦ Is fun

Dropbox Download Link

Yi3Ox8.jpgfqAh8b.jpg

Oh sorry, almost forgot: Your hold music for downloading tyme

Edited by YANFRET

Thanks so much for your hard work on this mod.

The new docking ports are ok?

I see the Alcor lunar return vehicle has a 'berth' port rather than the white NASA one.

I ask because that berthing silver one had an issue seperating from the black docking port in the pre hotfix release.

Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, mediobogdum said:

Thanks so much for your hard work on this mod.

The new docking ports are ok?

I see the Alcor lunar return vehicle has a 'berth' port rather than the white NASA one.

I ask because that berthing silver one had an issue seperating from the black docking port in the pre hotfix release.

Thanks again.

The MPLM hab added there gives you greater mission duration options (Neither Orion nor ALCOR have a toilet). If you would like to swap the dock ports around it should be fine.

15 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Does it function with realfuels?

We don't test or support real fuels but you're welcome to take a swing at it, might cause a headache. But if so, we do recommend a quad espresso + warm water solution.

Sorry if I seem dense. Clarification?:

Alcor has the berthing port because it was intended to dock with the lab which has a berthing port.

The Orion will have the nasa/white dock hence the "swap"(when doing a return from lunar orbit).

Are the black ports compatible with the whites?

I assume they are not with the berthing ones.

Thank you for your time.

Obviously berthing ports are not cross compatible with nasa dock ports, but neither are either with the old ports... the old style black dock ports will go away completely when the update is released, they are only still included to avoid craft file errors if testers have an old save. Note none of the new craft files have the "classic bobcat" or "interim" dockports. 

As far as ALCOR as a munar transfer device, for function without the habitat, you can swap the berthing port on ALCOR with a nasa dock port. However, be sure to add extra ziploc bags and wet wipes.

1 hour ago, YANFRET said:

Obviously berthing ports are not cross compatible with nasa dock ports, but neither are either with the old ports... the old style black dock ports will go away completely when the update is released, they are only still included to avoid craft file errors if testers have an old save. Note none of the new craft files have the "classic bobcat" or "interim" dockports. 

As far as ALCOR as a munar transfer device, for function without the habitat, you can swap the berthing port on ALCOR with a nasa dock port. However, be sure to add extra ziploc bags and wet wipes.

Sorry dude, wasn't obvious to me.

Thanks again.

1 minute ago, mediobogdum said:

Sorry dude, wasn't obvious to me.

Thanks again.

The real question you should be asking us is, why did we put the CBM ports on the ALCOR/HAB section, and the answer is it looks better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.