I can only attach most inline parts if they are fliped upside down

In the past few months i have been getting back into ksp. at first i was satisfied with the stock game but as always it eventually got boring so i turned to mods. the first mods i installed worked great but soon things started to go wrong. i first noticed this when i reinstalled Component Space shuttle (which had worked perfectly the first time i installed it). the two main problems were that the mass of the pre-made craft was 0 tons and none of the parts would attach to each other in the VAB. i Tried using a clean install of ksp, verifying the cash using 0.90, and re downloading and reinstalling the mod. After searching for a fix i with no prevail i just wrote this off at a problem with the mod and went on. then the exact thing happened with bobcats Soyuz pack. then i noticed that nearly every part in my game including the stock parts required to be fliped upside-down in order to attach them. even with no mods the problem is still there. after about an hour of reinstalling the game and verifying the cache (which had no effect) i decided to come here.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this problem.:)

I am having the same issue but for me it seems limited to parts from the Near Future Technologies mods. All other stock parts and parts from all other mods I have work fine it seems limited to Near Future Electrical, and Near Future Construction. I have however noticed that on rare occasion even in the vanilla game with no mods on every now and then when I go to remove a part from one of the stages the connection node from the stage disappears and I cannot re-attach anything without ctrl-z to simply undo the last change I've done. These are some annoying Issues I have been having with the connection nodes lately both with and without mods installed and I'd like to find out if there may be a fix for this or if anyone else is having the same issues.

The devs changed the way attachment nodes work slightly in 1.0. That means that most mods that haven't been updated to the current version of KSP won't fit together. Make sure your mod has been updated before installing it. If it hasn't yet, there are two ways to fix it. One is to open the ALT-F12 menu and check the option to disable node orientation. Another option that is a bit more permanent but requires some coding is to open each part's .cfg file, find the node_stack_bottom line and change the fifth value to -1.

For example:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -7.3, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

should look like:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -7.3, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

of course you should probably make sure you have the latest versions of all your mods, if the main link hasn't been updated, check newer posts, quite a few mods have made temporary patches or have dev versions with the fix but haven't updated the main download yet, for various reasons (ie. tweaks for the new aero, bug fixes, etc.).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.