Stock Helicopter in 1.5?

Delvar

O.o that...that is just awesome ._. can you post the craft file,I gotta check this out!:P

Also speaking of helicopters...why not put four wings on the top of some pod or something, with rockets on the tips facing horizontal so it spins and creates lift?Or will that not work with KSP\'s physics?:L

well its not new but iv not seen it before :) i tried doing it with an RCS tank and thrusters but it was hard getting up to speed, i could manage it about 1 in 5 tries.

iv attached the .craft file, have fun.

its insane to fly, you first have to get upto speed then its easy, you can fly at 400m/s in low atmo.

you can fly around up to about 10K after that its too thin to accelerate, if you pick up speed after liftoff you can easily reach 30K without using rockets.

I welcome any new versions of the magic turbine. Well done, sir!

The G force is insane when you turn..

Squad should implement a feature where the Kerbals pass out in excess of 10 Gs. :P

Oh, that\'s coming. Probably the same time as friction heat. Re-entry is going to become a whole new ballgame.

I welcome any new versions of the magic turbine. Well done, sir!Oh, that\'s coming. Probably the same time as friction heat. Re-entry is going to become a whole new ballgame.

Ooh, that sounds very exciting! I saw on the spaceplane parts in .15 that there is heat-proofing, I was wondering whether it was just aesthetic or not.

I can see a lot of trial and error in the future of re-entry.

Ooh, that sounds very exciting! I saw on the spaceplane parts in .15 that there is heat-proofing, I was wondering whether it was just aesthetic or not.

I can see a lot of trial and error in the future of re-entry.

Currently it is cosmetic only, looks cool though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.