Action group code

It would be interesting to see a mod where players can code in sequences of action groups. Say they want a sequence where an engine is turned on and off at a certain interval, or the player wants to many things to decouple in line but doesn't want to keep hitting the action group buttons.

I don't know how to code or how the game code works so if something like this isn't possible, please excuse my ignorance.

You want something like automatically repeated action group activations. I can't think of an actual use case for such a thing. Is there one? Your examples can't convince me.

You might be able to use two Smart Parts Timers which activate each other to repeate the same actions over and over but I'm not sure if that really works. Try it. ;)

Edited by *Aqua*

Smart Parts is probably the simplest thing, but at some level if you're saying "do this then that", you're coding, whether you call it that or not :) Rearranging the staging sequence is a primitive form of coding.

Also check out:

Auto Actions (fire action groups at start)

kOS (full automation)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.