Best Rocketry and/or Spacecraft documentary

noneyabidnis

KSP has definitely piqued my interest in the history of rocketry and spacecraft. As I\'ve played the game, I\'ve been introduced to a number of concepts that I never knew existed. As such, I\'ve been doing a lot of research (mainly reading), and it\'s more fascinating than ever. I\'d be interested to get recommendations on documentaries about rocketry and/or spacecraft that you found really interesting. I watched the 'When We Left Earth' series about a year ago, but will re-watch soon as I\'m sure it will be a lot more interesting now.

Not a documentary, but a must have for any budding rocketeer.

I\'ve seen that, and I must say it\'s not very appealing. It hardly goes into the technical details at all [not counting the LM design montage] and it focuses more on the drama. It IS an HBO 'docudrama'.

I\'ve seen that, and I must say it\'s not very appealing. It hardly goes into the technical details at all [not counting the LM design montage] and it focuses more on the drama. It IS an HBO 'docudrama'.

Agreed, but even HBO docudramas can be fairly informative. Like HBO\'s 'ROME' series - I actually learned a lot of interesting info (after researching various events portrayed in the series). Same goes for John Adams.

That said, I definitely appreciate programs that are thick with technical details as well. Do you have any recommendations?

'From The Earth To The Moon' is kinda.. meh. Tom Hanks is like a bulldog with lockjaw, hanging onto the Saving Private Ryan realistic drama idea that\'s carried him through the last few years with his various projects, all being essentially the same with the actors just wearing different period clothing. Aside from the continued high production values one has come to expect from Mr. Hanks when he engages in a project like this, there\'s not much to it.

I usually scour the youtoobs for documentaries. Stuff on von Braun, World Kerfuffle 2, Nazi rocketry - that kinda jazz.

• 2 weeks later...

I know. We were born much too late. I would love to have been one of the people who made the things they flew on Apollo.

I would rather have been an astronaut, but solving problems like 'how do we get to the moon with this?' would still be awesome.

This is how I feel sometimes...

6998.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.