GameInfo.gameScene not accurate.

So I was using GameInfo to check that my code was running only in the VAB and ran into some problems while porting my plugin over to .15

In .14.x GameInfo.gameScene == GameInfo.EDITOR while in the VAB.

In .15 GameInfo.gameScene == GameInfo.LOADING while in the VAB and in the hanger.

I\'m wondering if this is a bug or if this will continue going forward.

I noticed the same thing a couple hours ago working on my modularized plugin example. Also showing up as 'Loading' when grabbed in flight.

If you\'re using the new OnStart(), 'PartModule.StartState state' does show relevant you can use, but you need to be using the PartModule system. I ran into a ton of bugs like this, that weren\'t immediately apparent doing a straight port of my 0.14 code.

That method, and the state will prove very useful I think, as scene switch detection was a serious problem with 0.14, and it seems to be called with the appropriate state each time the scene switches.

I hadn\'t really looked at the PartModule system while doing my port but it seams like it will allow me to be more flexible and compartmentalized going forward, but will probly require a total rewrite to get there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.