Valentina got clonned

KGqb77m.png

So i have managed to clone Valentina twice, but I doubt there is any limit. Did this happened to anyone ?

All I have to do is to go Eva, then enter crew hatch and I get one copy inside and one holding to the ladder. I can repeat the process ?

Can anyone tell me why does it happen and how to fix it ?

This is the craft that it occurs at :

d2M9eq3.png

It is massive and has many parts, it is also connected through pipes to 3 other crafts. In the largest craft. crew hatch for the MKIII cockpit is obstructed, but science lab and passenger compartment aren't. It doesn't matter which hatch would I chose, cloning occurs every time I get inside. Disconnecting pipes doesn't help either.

Any ideas what to do ?

Other vehicles elsewhere don't have this issue. I can get in and out and won't get cloned. At this site however any Kerbal using any hatch gets cloned.

Now I'm bringing ferry to take crew away, hope they will be able to use new craft. Then I will try to separate vessels and see if this help. If not, I will try some orbital bombardment. There is hell lot of fuel to explode, and I like Minmus more then Mun anyway :D

Its caused by the final frontier mod beeing buggy at the moment. Or rather final frontier in conjunction with other mods like KAS and inter-ship connections. See here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67246-1-0-2-Final-Frontier-kerbal-individual-merits-0-8-2-1285?p=2007498#post2007498

If you need a fast fix, remove your "Nereid" folder from GameData and it should prevent this bug from occuring. Or wait for an update...

Or if you cant play without FF,... as a work-arround... in my testings it seemed like the bug doesnt occur if all vessels are manned when the connection is established. You might wanna try that if it doesnt cause to much trouble.

PS: I hope you have a save from before this bug got triggered in your career. :D

Edited by TrooperCooper

Thank you. *expletive-removed*

I dreamed of a nice Minmus mission last night. I was flying in a capsule, collecting surface samples from all flats. When I tried to reenter, I was already inside. Twice. And standing outside a bunch of dozens Bob Kermans were telling me to get back in line, they were there first.

I am pretty sure that was your post in my subconciousness.

Thanks for answer. So if I have some kerbals on eva, and I'd bring another ship and put those kerbals inside would they get cloned ?

If I would dissconnect all vehicles will kerbals get cloned when entering them ?

If I would transfer crew between every ship, and then disconnect them and connect again, would that fix the problem ?

IMO uninstall FF and go back to a save from before triggering the bug. Everything else can get pretty buggy. I had my whole game corrupted by it once and unable to spawn or switch to any vessel etc.

So if you dont have a backup... well, try to stay on the safety side. :wink:

Everything else is up for your testing. :)

• 2 months later...
http://i.imgur.com/KGqb77m.png

So i have managed to clone Valentina twice, but I doubt there is any limit. Did this happened to anyone ?

All I have to do is to go Eva, then enter crew hatch and I get one copy inside and one holding to the ladder. I can repeat the process ?

Can anyone tell me why does it happen and how to fix it ?

This is the craft that it occurs at :

http://i.imgur.com/d2M9eq3.png

It is massive and has many parts, it is also connected through pipes to 3 other crafts. In the largest craft. crew hatch for the MKIII cockpit is obstructed, but science lab and passenger compartment aren't. It doesn't matter which hatch would I chose, cloning occurs every time I get inside. Disconnecting pipes doesn't help either.

Any ideas what to do ?

Had this bug fixed yesterday. If you have a huge base like that on another planet/moon, sometimes it gets eaten by kraken. In that case you have to load savefile. But if you progressed too far to go back, sometimes you decide to just copy VESSEL from an older savefile. But you don't know, that kerbal eaten by cracken is considered dead, and her name becomes available again. It's because kerbals are saved separately on the bottom of a savefile. Just find those Valentinas you don't need and delete from your savefile.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.