Poles Inaccessable

Blondai

Howdy Kerbalnauts

Has anybody been experiencing game crashes when they fly to the poles, I am just trying to get a little science in a little plane to get a new technology on career, so on two occasions now i have attempted the long laborious polar flight, but each time, after several hours of flying, the game crashes a few hundred k before the icecap.

Thanks

Blondai

If it's a bug, it's unlikely to be geographically related.

If the game is crashing after a certain amount of time, that could be indicative of a memory leak.

I suggest landing a little sooner and saving the game. Then re-start the game and attempt to head to the pole straight after re-loading.

There were reports from people doing long flights of the game crashing; likely due to memory problems. You could try landing, saving, exiting to main menu, then resuming the flight.

Howdy Kerbalnauts

Has anybody been experiencing game crashes when they fly to the poles, I am just trying to get a little science in a little plane to get a new technology on career, so on two occasions now i have attempted the long laborious polar flight, but each time, after several hours of flying, the game crashes a few hundred k before the icecap.

Thanks

Blondai

Had the same problem while taking temperature reading for the contracts. After every quickload, game would crash with my plane above the same place. Sorry to bring the bad news, but I had to redo the mission, which means you should, too.

its caused by a memory leak in the new heat system, after longer atmospheric flights, memory runs out and the game crashes.

but there is a mod for this fixing the issue by disabling the temperature gauges called '"temperature gauge killer" or something similar.

Confirmed. I had those too. It's not "poles" related. My plane had fixed gears (early game) and heating went right on. Maybe another bug as I flew only at 220m/s.

Game crashed few times. I deactivated heat display and it crashed less.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.