The Steelworks- Tank Replica Thread

hQouWui.jpg?1

So, I was originally going to keep doing a new release post for every tank I made, but that's gotten impossible due to the fact that I make 2 or 3 a day now. So from now on I'll post them all to this one release page, a sort of blog on a post. Some of my facebook friends in the KSP group suggested doing this so here it is.

All the tanks shown are fully stock and require no mods to operate. Photos were created using GIMP and PIXLR, image manipulation programs. These craft were built to replicate first, operate second. All turrets are designed to move and wheels to move, although performance varies from tank to tank. Part count is also high (400-700) on most tanks due to the detail required in a replica.

The Current tanks in my collection:

T-34 1940

T-34 1942

T-34-85

Iosif Stalin 4

SU-85

Su-100

M46 Patton

M26 Pershing

T26E4 Super Pershing

M4A3 Sherman

M4A3 HVSS Sherman

M4A2-76W HVSS Sherman

M4A3E2 Jumbo Sherman

M4A3E8 "Easy Eight" Sherman

Achilles Tank Destroyer

T34 Calliope Sherman

Sherman VC Firefly I

Pz.KPfw. V Panther

Jadgpanther

Gallery of my tanks:

WsS4WqC.jpg

2aPAcTr.jpg

Y8YHAgf.jpg

[center7MtNz4S.jpg

WIJCTIW.jpg

EYMlz5C.jpg

y9uDuJv.jpg

xWGXOa0.jpg

i1QB3bC.jpg

c0Ck7UI.jpg

9BzSAzV.jpg

lJ6sYxV.jpg

XHEPwYO.jpg

MaGeykr.jpgIqJDN6O.jpg

faRUSlv.jpg

MJVv8PR.jpg

Bmuf0OD.jpg

l62A2r0.jpg

TwWL5aV.jpg

jLP2CMG.jpg

2xH9t1E.jpg

rAVrIlR.jpg

BEjICya.png

Edited by zekes

Thanks so much guys :)

So I went back and edited all four M4 Shermans I had, because they were sluggish and really slow, found out Rove-Mates are really bad wheels to propel a tank with. I replaced them all with ruggedized wheels, the Shermans are now the fastest tanks in the group. Download has been updated, enjoy.

Thanks so much guys :)

So I went back and edited all four M4 Shermans I had, because they were sluggish and really slow, found out Rove-Mates are really bad wheels to propel a tank with. I replaced them all with ruggedized wheels, the Shermans are now the fastest tanks in the group. Download has been updated, enjoy.

Now if you can make it so they break a lot it will be perfectly realistic!

Well I'm actually going to make a panther next - I just finished the T34 Calliope, it's awesome stock and amazing with BD (I put 20 sidewinders on it and unguided they really are shock and awe). Will release the stock version when I get home

Well I'm actually going to make a panther next - I just finished the T34 Calliope, it's awesome stock and amazing with BD (I put 20 sidewinders on it and unguided they really are shock and awe). Will release the stock version when I get home

All aboard the weaponized hype train!

The hull looks amazingly well done. I am not sure those wheels are the right choice for the Panther's road wheels. Anything narrower?

Anything less than ruggedized are absolutely worthless on tanks - proved that with the M4 (top speed 6 m/s with the baloon tyres, 20+ with rugged)

HANS START THE HYPE ENGINE! VIE ARE GOING TO ANSCHLUSS THEIR HYPE TRAIN!

KzGoXm2.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.