[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

Just some little suggestions:

1. You can add a little folding wheel like the landing leg, so that you could move base easily on the ground.

2. You can add a RF config to the landing engines, burning MMH+NTO / UDMH+NTO.

3. You can add a two-base-to-3.75m adapter, and some LifeSupport tanks the same size of the battery and fuel tanks.

And finally a question, how was this base (in the example pictures) made up? I didn't see wheels.

bFIlPGVl.png

--updated--

I see the LS cans, hope them work well!

--updated--

RealFuels config HERE

Edited by 01010101lzy

And finally a question, how was this base (in the example pictures) made up? I didn't see wheels.

I made a similar base by detaching wheels using KIS. The question about tube-shaped parts is still open tho.

That English isn't everyone's first language, and that saying that thing makes you instantly age 30 years. But nice nitpicking. You Tried.

It's not nitpicking to point out that ore isn't a fertilizer and that rocket fuel isn't a good and wholesome food, nor is it my fault if you don't understand the words you used, regardless of what your first language is.

It's not nitpicking to point out that ore isn't a fertilizer and that rocket fuel isn't a good and wholesome food, nor is it my fault if you don't understand the words you used, regardless of what your first language is.

You've had a really bad couple of days, did you? Point is, actually, you totally can. It's ridiculously expensive and requires a chemical plant, but for certain proteins it's *ALREADY BEING DONE*. Conversely, it's also viable to make rocket fuel from fertiliser. And hey, nobody was blaming you for my mistakes, but I'm totally going to be blaming you for latching on them, or pontificating about the chemistry of tiberium.

And now I'm *really* done, before everyone flees from the topic.

Thanks Red Iron Crown!

Can we please come back to a calm discussion about what the LS support for this mod should have and what it shouldn't?

When adding support for the LS mods causes fights among you then it might not be a good idea to add it at all...

Edit...Back to Topic:

O nice we get to play we them Templates too :) ?

Uhh what? If you want to ask if the containers will replace the templates you made then this anwswer will be yes (of course only when you agree that they will be replaced). :wink:

Instead of a built-in drill, how hard would it be to have a part that simply rotates up to vertical from the horizontal? You could mount a drill to it, sure... or a rocket or antenna or something. :D

Come to think of it, is that actually possible? I know landing gear twirls around, but I don't know whether there's any stock stuff that moves and can be mounted on. Hm. Now I'm outright curious.

Trust me, i tried. :wink: Half a year ago the first model i made for ksp was an inflatable big dome with stack-nodes on three and an airlock on one side. The result was disastrous. :D

Can you upload your example ship? I can't for the life of me get two modules to work side by side like you did.

Thank you!

I can upload an example ship sometime soon. What problem to you have?

1. You can add a little folding wheel like the landing leg, so that you could move base easily on the ground.

2. You can add a RF config to the landing engines, burning MMH+NTO / UDMH+NTO.

3. You can add a two-base-to-3.75m adapter

http://i.imgur.com/bFIlPGVl.png

[...]

1. It was already planned to make a hybrid of landing leg and wheel to move the parts around. Is is still in development and has a weird bug which still refuses to be found.

2. Thanks for the config, i will review it and add it to the mod.

3. Maybe :wink:

4.(Kinda) The base in the screenshot: That is one thing i'm not really pround of...the base seen in the screenshot is landed there with Hyperedit, i didn't have the time/patience to make multiple trips to minmus for just the promo screenhots. I managed to land a quite similar base in minmus in the meantime without cheating but didn't have the time replace the screenshots (this one is also still missing its landing legs)

Edited by Nils277

No mean are you going to add to the part Templates for the Oxygen and CarbonDioxide Containers so we can play around with re-texture them ?

- - - Updated - - -

when adding RPM configs, can you make mk1 and mk2 habitats TVs work? xD

HEHE I replaced that TV RPM0.pngRPM2.png

No mean are you going to add to the part Templates for the Oxygen and CarbonDioxide Containers so we can play around with re-texture them?

Hmm...might be a good idea to add them to the templates. The templates will be updated at the time the main update will come out.

Out of curiosity: do you want to just change to texture for the oxygen and CO2 Containers or do you have plans for other resources? If you are not happy with the coloring of the containers, then i could still change them :wink:

Re things-wot-swing-around,having a bay that opens *really* wide and is completely empty inside (maybe a node or three) should be enough to facilitate the robotists around us. Perhaps an oversized version that's taller in the middle than other modules, but that's it. I, for one, would be happy.

Hmm...might be a good idea to add them to the templates. The templates will be updated at the time the main update will come out.

Out of curiosity: do you want to just change to texture for the oxygen and CO2 Containers or do you have plans for other resources? If you are not happy with the coloring of the containers, then i could still change them :wink:

No they look good just to add more resources for them containers :)

- - - Updated - - -

add a nyan cat and a mun landing channel xD

Would you like one big screen or a bunch of little screens ? ASET or JSI screen O well will do both.

You know what I'm thinking.... someone needs to make a Space 1999 Eagle... (or something inspired by one)

Tried that last night just before bed, insufficient twr. I was thinking about the KF repulsors but they are just a little too much SciFi for my liking.

You know what I'm thinking.... someone needs to make a Space 1999 Eagle... (or something inspired by one)

Imagine one set up so that the biggest KPBS part (greenhouse?) would fit under it like the cargo pod on a Skycrane helicopter... So cool.

I just discovered this mod, and I have to say, it's got some of the best internal views I've ever seen! The outside is great too, and the deploy animations are beautiful, but the internal view is absolutely stunning. Does anyone here know what program was used to make it?

I just discovered this mod, and I have to say, it's got some of the best internal views I've ever seen! The outside is great too, and the deploy animations are beautiful, but the internal view is absolutely stunning. Does anyone here know what program was used to make it?

Thanks for the compliment.

The models were made with Blender and the textures with Gimp and Inkscape. :)

For some reason, the KIS container doesn't work for me. I extracted it and tried putting it in the various folders, but it doesn't show up. Do I need to put it in the KIS folder in GameData?

The location you have to install the KIS container to is in the main post :wink:

[B]Notes on the KIS-Container:
[/B]

[INDENT][I][COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]To use the KIS Container, simply unpack the content of the KIS.zip file from the [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial][FONT=Noto Sans][FONT=arial]"Gamedata/PlanetaryBaseInc/MOD_SUPPORT"[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial] into the [/FONT][/COLOR][I].Gamedata/PlanetaryBaseInc/MOD_SUPPORT/KIS folder in your KSP installation.
[/I][/I][/INDENT]

[I][I]​[/I][/I]

3. You can add a two-base-to-3.75m adapter

What's this for? There's already a two-base-to-2.5m adapter; you can chain adapters from that to the 3.75 pretty easily.

Though it does briefly make me wonder whether a triple adapter is possible... hm.

Sides of a triangle inside a circle of diameter 3.75m = 3.247m

Unless I got my math wrong (And I might've, let's be clear), that means a triple adapter could actually work :D

Nice spacious room in the middle of the thing, too. If my math is correct, it'd fit a 1.25m sized stack there too!

That would make for one heck of a colonisation payload. ;)

Edited by Reiver

Here are some IVA with JSI or ASET in them all but the Cupola just unzip the folder somewhere in KSP/GameData and in the PlanetaryBaseInc_IVA folder there is 2 folders one is for JSI and the other is for ASET which you have to have ASET Props Pack v1.3 installed https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1021/ASET%20Props pick one and unzip it and start ksp hope you like.

Get them Here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Test%20Parts/PlanetaryBaseInc_IVA.zip

4.(Kinda) The base in the screenshot: That is one thing i'm not really pround of...the base seen in the screenshot is landed there with Hyperedit, i didn't have the time/patience to make multiple trips to minmus for just the promo screenhots. I managed to land a quite similar base in minmus in the meantime without cheating but didn't have the time replace the screenshots (this one is also still missing its landing legs)

Oh well, that's ok...

Anyway, a hybrid landing leg is great!

- - - Updated - - -

The RF config is a little overpowered because of the 50 ignitons. It could be great if I reduced it to 12 times perhaps...

Imagine one set up so that the biggest KPBS part (greenhouse?) would fit under it like the cargo pod on a Skycrane helicopter... So cool.

What a glorious idea! That is really something i would like to see :D Thanks btw to mention Space 1999, i didn't know about this series until now, it seems interesting.