[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

Yeah, but that's Infernal Robotics.

No harm nor foul, but I prefer my stuff a little more stockalike and preferably a straight-up part; IR can take a fair bit to keep updated and playing nice across versions.

http://imgur.com/a/NTXgF

(Image descriptions at imgur site)

Not sure how all this happened, but I'll try to get into another game to see if it happens again without the glitches.

Well that sounds bad. Were you able to reproduce it? Or do you have a log-file so i might get a clue what is going wrong?

From the pictures i guess that the cloning happend on the airlock part right?

Btw. what version of KPBS are you using? Judging from the airlock part it must be 0.2.7+ but the windows of the Habitat MK2 are transparent and there is no IVA visible. This is a bit confusing because this was only the case before the plugin code was updated to support the update of RPM in version 0.2.5.

I also have sliding off issue, always on a craft with these parts.

The sliding issue is a big annoyance i yet have to fix. :wink:

Hi!

I've been using this mod since the begining and today I have ground bases on several planets of the kerbal system. This is one of these mods I think is a "must" in the game. The only thing I miss is the possibility to have a workshop module to create parts needed for the base survival. I mean, when I arrived EVE and mount the base, I opened all my solar panels to charge batteries and all of them were immediately destroyed by wind forces. So the base stayed with no energy production and three frightened kerbals. Then I tryed to add compatibility with "OSE Workshop" mod and it worked fine, but I think a big Workshop module to create big things would be great!

The compatibility was as simple as add a cfg file to the Config folder with the definitions (for the science part).

@PART[KKAOSS_Science_g]:FOR[Workshop]:NEEDS[Workshop]:HAS[!MODULE[OseModuleWorkshop]]

If you need more information pm me.

Regards.

OSE Workshop: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/108234-0-90-OSE-Workshop-KAS-KIS-Addon

Thanks! Its a good idea to add OSE Workshop. I will do that.

And welcome to the forums! :D

In what way is USI Kolonization incompatible with this? Can I have both of them installed at the same time or do they mess each other up?

They are not really incompatible. The list of supported mods in the OP only lists the mods this one actively interacts with.

So in the case of USI Kolonization the parts just don't interact with each other. There are some differences for the resource gathering and recycling when using a life-support mod. It's a bit easier in KPBS. I have not yet heard that it will cause problems when both are used in parallel.

For interaction with each other PocketBrotector also made a nice compatibility-patch: UKS-KPBS Compatibility :wink:

..... You posted your gallery to UserSub?

I guess this was made by mistake. Is it possible to withdraw the album from UserSub?

Edited by Nils277

They are not really incompatible. The list of supported mods in the OP only lists the mods this one actively interacts with.

So in the case of USI Kolonization the parts just don't interact with each other. There are some differences for the resource gathering and recycling when using a life-support mod. It's a bit easier in KPBS. I have not yet heard that it will cause problems when both are used in parallel.

For interaction with each other PocketBrotector also made a nice compatibility-patch: UKS-KPBS Compatibility :wink:

Ah, thanks.

The oxygen containers don't contain any oxygen.

What life-support mod are you using? I just looked it up in the game and at least for TAC they have oxygen.

----Edit----

And what KPBS version are you using? It might be that you still have 0.2.7b. There was a bug in the LS-parts. v0.2.8 should have fixed these issues.

Edited by Nils277

Well that sounds bad. Were you able to reproduce it? Or do you have a log-file so i might get a clue what is going wrong?

From the pictures i guess that the cloning happend on the airlock part right?

Btw. what version of KPBS are you using? Judging from the airlock part it must be 0.2.7+ but the windows of the Habitat MK2 are transparent and there is no IVA visible. This is a bit confusing because this was only the case before the plugin code was updated to support the update of RPM in version 0.2.5.

I downloaded straight from KerbalStuff, so I'm not sure how I could get a different version unless I'm supposed to download from another source. I will get into KSP again and try to replicate the issue. I will try to replicate the issue with E.V.E. (if my game loads lol), and then I'll do the same without.

The cloning did happen on the airlock.

I don't have a log file because the game went to that black screen, and wouldn't let me leave, so the only way to leave as alt-F4.

I downloaded straight from KerbalStuff, so I'm not sure how I could get a different version unless I'm supposed to download from another source. I will get into KSP again and try to replicate the issue. I will try to replicate the issue with E.V.E. (if my game loads lol), and then I'll do the same without.

The cloning did happen on the airlock.

I don't have a log file because the game went to that black screen, and wouldn't let me leave, so the only way to leave as alt-F4.

The log-files is also written when the game is terminated with ALT-F4 :wink:

The file from KerbalStuff should be ok. There was a changelog.txt in that .zip folder. What does that say about the version?

What are your settings for RPM? Do you have the transparent windows ON or OFF? It might be connected to the cloning issue. What is visible on the screenshots for the windows it not right.

The strange thing is, the Airlock does not have any custom code or similar attached that i could connect with this issue. It is basically just a model. It neither has any transparent window-settings...

So it didn't happen without E.V.E. ... I could not get my game to load with E.V.E. but I'll keep trying throughout the day.

The changelog says it is 0.2.8, in both files I downloaded.

I did not see any settings to turn transparent windows on or off.. so I'm not sure how to do that.. right clicking when it is deployed and in the VAB does not give that option.

Edited by Dailey1082

What life-support mod are you using? I just looked it up in the game and at least for TAC they have oxygen.

This could be a Real Fuels issue, or RF + RF config. Probably a config that if it detects things like O2, deletes them and then places a ModularFuelTank for the appropriate amount in the configuration of a service module. (A real PITA for something like Ioncross which bases LS resource amounts partially on actual breathable air as well as stored air.

So it didn't happen without E.V.E. ... I could not get my game to load with E.V.E. but I'll keep trying throughout the day.

The changelog says it is 0.2.8, in both files I downloaded.

I did not see any settings to turn transparent windows on or off.. so I'm not sure how to do that.. right clicking when it is deployed and in the VAB does not give that option.

You have an outdated version of RPM installed, when you don't have the option to turn the transparent windows on and off in the right-click menu of a part. When RPM is installed, KPBS needs at least version 0.23.0. This should at least solve the issue with the trange windows.

For E.V.E: I have used it before without problems. What does the KSP.log say when you try to load with EVE installed?

This could be a Real Fuels issue, or RF + RF config. Probably a config that if it detects things like O2, deletes them and then places a ModularFuelTank for the appropriate amount in the configuration of a service module. (A real PITA for something like Ioncross which bases LS resource amounts partially on actual breathable air as well as stored air.

This sounds like something all LS Mods would suffer from, when RF is installed.

One could make a config for that part for MM which runs after RF and replaces all RF-Configs with the original ones. But this would be a bit hacky.

One could make a config for that part for MM which runs after RF and replaces all RF-Configs with the original ones. But this would be a bit hacky.

Tracked it to A specific file. It does affect all LS mods with those resources but only works properly with TAC which is what it was designed for. I think what really needs to happen is a pull request to fix the problem at the source which I'll take care of.

----Edit----

And what KPBS version are you using? It might be that you still have 0.2.7b. There was a bug in the LS-parts. v0.2.8 should have fixed these issues.

Yes, I have 0.2.7b. It's not updating on CKAN.

CKAN really seems to be a bit slow when it takes the updates from KerbalStuff :wink:

The CKAN problem is explained here. Basically, it looks like 0.2.7b was named "v0.2.7b", whereas your other versions do not have a "v", so v0.2.7b is still the "latest" version based on alphanumerical sorting ("v" comes after "0").

The CKAN problem is explained here. Basically, it looks like 0.2.7b was named "v0.2.7b", whereas your other versions do not have a "v", so v0.2.7b is still the "latest" version based on alphanumerical sorting ("v" comes after "0").

Oh man, that is not good...i just forgot to remove the "v". Might it help when i remove the version v0.2.7b from the downloadable files?

Downloaded the latest via CKAN.

Love the IVA on the science lab. :)

However, now I have a problem. My planetary Cupola is missing from the command module section in the VAB.

I went and looked in my R&D section, and it shows as "owned". But, it is no longer in the VAB menus. I looked through all of them...twice!

What did I do wrong?

Downloaded the latest via CKAN.

Love the IVA on the science lab. :)

However, now I have a problem. My planetary Cupola is missing from the command module section in the VAB.

I went and looked in my R&D section, and it shows as "owned". But, it is no longer in the VAB menus. I looked through all of them...twice!

What did I do wrong?

Hmm..in what science category do you see it in the R&D section?

KPS has a problem when a already unlocked part from the TechTree is moved into another node. The result is, that the part is still visible as unlocked in one node, but actually is stull locked in another one. I moved them in one update to more reasonable nodes.

The current science category from the Cupola (without CTT) is: Heavy Landing.

When you already have this node unlocked, then you have to unlock the part in it manually again with Funds.

Hope this helps :wink:

I got this mod today and i have to say i really like the parts and the designs :)

However it seems to be glitching out on me. At first i could not do IVA in the habitation module and the greenhouse module, as well as i could not get the "Deploy" option when i try to deploy them. I could only do that if i already programmed a key to do this before flight. After i verified my game cache I could finally do IVAs, and i can right click the greenhouse and deploy this, but not the hab module. Funny thing is, that when i transfer a crew to the hab module, im not getting any options at all from any of the other modules, apart from seeing the electric charge. If i transfer my crewman back to a planetary cupola i get the "crew report", "lights on" and "transparant" option back.

Im not running many mods so i doubt its a conflicting mod thats causing this. I hope someone knows whats going on here :)

^ Dumb question, but are you in warp when you do this? I can't imagine short of a mod conflict or just a straight up bug that would require a clean reinstall why that would happen.

Oh man, that is not good...i just forgot to remove the "v". Might it help when i remove the version v0.2.7b from the downloadable files?

Not sure. CKAN still shows v0.2.7b as the latest version. You could try messaging the CKAN people (or posting in the CKAN thread) for advice; I've always found them to be very helpful.

I gotta say, im impressed. Downloaded this mod not too long ago, and I have been plesently suprised with the results so far. Few things though. I really wish there was a good way to allow me to move only one part of a base set up with a 2.5m sized rocket. A K&K to 2.5m single point adapter would be nice. Having made most mun missions with almost the same launch kit, Im kind of fond of it. The base wheels are an amazing thing (no preciece landings here).