[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

So, i decided to make a last update as in development. The last update has been a time and though i have not finished the parts i wanted to have ready for the release i don't want you to wait for the other changes much longer.

Changelog:

v0.2.9

General:

• Recompiled for KSP 1.0.5
  • Updated Contract-Configs for the new system

New Parts:

• Added End-Cap with one storage slot

Mod Support:

• Moved the science category of the KIS-container to be available AFTER the storage-modules
  • Added big version of the KIS container
  • Added support for Keepfit
  • Added support for KabinKraziness

Enhancements:

• Replaced corridors with modular versions
  • Replaced the old landing-gear for better ground clearance and modularity
  • All sides of the base-profile crossway are now modular
  • Resized triple-adapter to fit the new landing gear

Bug Fixes:

• Rescaled and moved the airlocks and ladders to avoid sliding and bouncing

Things that will be added with the release/next update: Base-Hub, Drill and Garage. These parts will still take some time.

Be advised: This update deprecates the following parts: All old corridor parts, the lading-gear combi part. These parts will not be available in the editor anymore. Already started crafts will still be able to use them to not break old saves.

vtJWXC3.pngcNJI52O.png

i already got the petition rolling to get this into stock

As cool as it would be to have the mod in stock, i doubt that this would happen. There are many too specialized parts. It might be possible to add just the core of the mod and manage the other parts in a separate support mod. E.g. all the mod-support parts won't make it into stock. Also all the IVA are made to look good with gravity. There would have to be a way to prevent them from being habitable in space. Else it might break immersion :wink:

Thanks for the excellent mod!

Feature request: Could you add a .version file so that this mod works with KSP-AVC?

I will add a version file with the next release. I will still have to upload the .version file somewhere, without it KSP-AVC would be pretty useless for it :wink:

So, i decided to make a last update as in development. The last update has been a time and though i have not finished the parts i wanted to have ready for the release i don't want you to wait for the other changes much longer.

[bIG SNIP]

I will add a version file with the next release. I will still have to upload the .version file somewhere, without it KSP-AVC would be pretty useless for it :wink:

Great to hear you're making progress. But I do have one teeny tiny question: Where can I download that 0.2.9 dev version?

Edit: nevermind. You just updated your post and it now has a download option.

Great to hear you're making progress. But I do have one teeny tiny question: Where can I download that 0.2.9 dev version?

Edit: nevermind. You just updated your post and it now has a download option.

The download links in the OP also link to the latest download :wink:

Awesome! Just as trivia, I think a .version file is useful even if it's just in the package and not online anywhere -- not AS useful, granted, but it still allows AVC to register the mod in the list of mods and let you know when you update KSP that you are still using an old version of the mod, etc.

I have noticed that its a bit of a pain to attach the new leg wheel parts, but ah, cant win them all. Still cant wait for all the other new parts.

You can always use the Alt key in the editor. This disables the surface attachment and you can attach the wheels with ease :wink:

Looks awesome Nils :D . It's a shame, I can't use them. :( Other users have confirmed their issues with 64 bit hack. I'll have to wait till 1.1. See you guys on 1.1's release date on (hopefully) Christmas :D

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

And can't wait to see the base hub :D

[quote name='sashan']So, have you actually removed corridors? Cause they are still useful even if there are procedurals avaialble.[/QUOTE]

They are not really removed. They are still loaded by the game to not break older saves. But they are not available anymore to build new crafts. I replaced them to allow an easyier construction and to not clutter up the list of parts that much.
Why would you want to use the old part? I can't think of anything that was possible with the old ones but not with the new ones.

[quote name='Nils277']They are not really removed. They are still loaded by the game to not break older saves. But they are not available anymore to build new crafts. I replaced them to allow an easyier construction and to not clutter up the list of parts that much.
Why would you want to use the old part? I can't think of anything that was possible with the old ones but not with the new ones.[/QUOTE]

Well, are they procedural like KAS tubes or in some other way? BEcause if they're KAS tubes then they would have to be constructed on site, which is not always convitient. I often use them as simple structural elements for my various designs.

[quote name='sashan']Well, are they procedural like KAS tubes or in some other way? BEcause if they're KAS tubes then they would have to be constructed on site, which is not always convitient. I often use them as simple structural elements for my various designs.[/QUOTE]

They are not procedurally like KAS tubes. I made my own module to allow them to be modular. They can be constructed in the VAB/SPH and on site ;-)

[quote name='Nils277']They are not procedurally like KAS tubes. I made my own module to allow them to be modular. They can be constructed in the VAB/SPH and on site ;-)[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok, will definetely try them out. Will they work in 1.0.4? I'm still using it due to not all mods being updated.

[quote name='Nils277'][CENTER]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=#696969][B]Latest Version: 0.2.9
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][I][SIZE=1][FONT=arial]The source code is included in the "Plugins" Folder

[/FONT][/SIZE][/I][/CENTER]
[/QUOTE]

hey dude, awesome mod, though the corridors are increadibly broken right now, first of all if you have 3 after each other they will just fall off. and second at ~ 20 they always explode, structual fail on the f3 log, also if by any miracle you get into orbit, when you warp they get wreked as well. just wanted you to know and hope for a fix xD

Hi, i just uploaded a new version with a bugfix for the severe problems with the modular corridors

[QUOTE]
Bug-Fixes:

[LIST]
[*]Fixed Plugin and Collider issues from the modular corridors
[/LIST]
[/QUOTE]

Download:
[URL="http://kerbalstuff.com/mod/991/Kerbal%20Planetary%20Base%20Systems"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vtJWXC3.png[/IMG][/URL]
[URL="http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/kerbal-planetary-base-systems"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cNJI52O.png[/IMG][/URL]

Please let me know when you find other bugs. :)

Does anyone else have problems with the Planetary Lab not being able to transmit science in KSP 1.0.5? I updated to KPBS 0.2.9 last night but the problem persists.

It's worth noting that the base itself doesn't have antennae, but are connected to a comms tower with KAS connectors, so this may be a KAS issue rather than a KPBS issue.

Hi everyone, have been using this mod for a short while now (in all honesty i've not been playing KSP for long - just a few months).

I have a challenge with this mod in so-much as attempting to dock components together. On places like Minmus it's not uncommon for me to be spending 20-30 mins repeatedly trying to line up docking ports between items.

It's principally due to terrain variation, the y axis being on a peak, trough or similar leading to the two buildings being aligned.

How do people get around this style of problem? am i better of using the circular (tube) components to provide interconnects? maybe a little thrust to raise the base during docking? any advice would be appreciated.

Atomic.

{edit}

Just noticed a few things in the changelog that might help, will try those tonight. Edited by AtomicGrog

Actually it is both terrain and variations on wheels placement,, it has happened to me many time, what i end up doing is either going to another port or rotating 180 and coming in from the other end, in one case no matter what i did, i couldn't line them up so i cheated and dock them using a kas/kis connector. I have yet to try the new wheels to see if the issue is better resolved. Although it would probably be useful to addd autoleveling to the wheels/legs

Oooh, a utility end-cap!

I feel a little guilty about asking this, but would it be possible to have it have landing gear mounts on the sides? There's a lot of 'wasted space' on the model at the moment, and it would save making vessels longer just so you can mount landing gear at one end when you use it. :)

[quote name='AtomicGrog']Hi everyone, have been using this mod for a short while now (in all honesty i've not been playing KSP for long - just a few months).

I have a challenge with this mod in so-much as attempting to dock components together. On places like Minmus it's not uncommon for me to be spending 20-30 mins repeatedly trying to line up docking ports between items.

It's principally due to terrain variation, the y axis being on a peak, trough or similar leading to the two buildings being aligned.

How do people get around this style of problem? am i better of using the circular (tube) components to provide interconnects? maybe a little thrust to raise the base during docking? any advice would be appreciated.

Atomic.

{edit}

Just noticed a few things in the changelog that might help, will try those tonight.[/QUOTE]

Hmm yeah, it is a bit hard to dock multiple part on onother planet. Especially when there is a high gravity. The only thing i can suggest is to try to dock the parts on a mostly flat surface.
I somewhere so a mod that rebalances the wheels so that the vehicle is horizontally when possible. But this would also lead to a misaligned port on a slope.

[quote name='Reiver']Oooh, a utility end-cap!

I feel a little guilty about asking this, but would it be possible to have it have landing gear mounts on the sides? There's a lot of 'wasted space' on the model at the moment, and it would save making vessels longer just so you can mount landing gear at one end when you use it. :)[/QUOTE]

This is acutally a good idea. I will add mounts for landing legs on the two end-caps :wink:

i give a try to your mod.. try..try.. and love it..its bring me back on ksp :P[URL="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088811921/screenshots/"]
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088811921/screenshots/[/URL] if you can see few screenshots.. on minmus
i even do a kind of rover/lander with your parts.. can be dock to the base or on orbit hehe.. placing rcs wasnt easy, maybe an rcs inside your engine unit.. or an other units including rcs.. maybe its asking too much :P lol

[quote name='Nils277']Also all the IVA are made to look good with gravity. There would have to be a way to prevent them from being habitable in space. Else it might break immersion :wink:[/QUOTE]
Just a note to this, in space, there may be artificial gravity :wink:

There's a modular centrifuge system in [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/135717-1-0-5-Deep-Space-Exploration-Vessels-1-0-5-Build-NASA-Inspired-Ships-In-KSP"]Deep Space Exploration Vessels[/URL] which lends itself to attaching KPBS modules for long interplanetary trips. Configuration: rotating hub, radial attachment point, some structural fuselages for distance, desired KPBS part (attached by its top node to have the floor pointing outward). Apply symmetry as desired.

Beside planetary bases, for this use it is very nice to have crew parts that are designed to work in an environment with gravity (even though the artificial gravity has no actual gameplay effect).

A minor issue with this setup is that while the centrifuge is spinning, the IVA meshes seem to ignore the motion of the parts they belong to. But I suspect this is a stock bug - I've seen the same happen with stock IVAs when a long craft wobbles significantly. (The IVA stays put at its original position, while the exterior of the craft (visible through the window) wobbles around.)

Thanks for the great mod!