Starwhip and I are recording Tekkit!

Endersmens

jDhLgpC.jpg

Well, today me and Starwhip recorded our first episode of "Tekkit: Race to Space!: :D

It will be a series where we try to get in to space as fast as we can, going to the moon and beyond hopefully to mars and asteroids.

The first episode is a bit boring, but it will get a lot better as we progress. The Episode will go on both of our channels from each one's POV. Expect a few days editing time.

Well, start the hype! :D

Tekkit is a large (109 mod) official modpack for Minecraft, adding lots of cool things, including space travel!

Edited by Endersmens

Hmm when I google tekkit it says it's a minecraft add-on of a sort..? Or am I missing something important?
Tekkit is essentially a modpack for Minecraft. Not KSP.

Yes, it is a large (109 mod) official modpack for minecraft, adding lots of things, including space travel.

I will update the OP with this info

Does anyone else remember Tekkit Classic? 1.2.5, those were the days. Overpowered Equivalent Exchange 2 Power Flowers, giant Macerator walls, and entire landscapes dominated by Quarries... Also, Galacticraft, the mod that adds the planets, is awesome. They are currently working on Centrifugal Space Stations and stuff, and I've heard word of a better launch minigame which involves actual Gravity Turns.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the episode, sounds cool.

Does anyone else remember Tekkit Classic? 1.2.5, those were the days. Overpowered Equivalent Exchange 2 Power Flowers, giant Macerator walls, and entire landscapes dominated by Quarries... Also, Galacticraft, the mod that adds the planets, is awesome. They are currently working on Centrifugal Space Stations and stuff, and I've heard word of a better launch minigame which involves actual Gravity Turns.

Yeah, Tekkit Classic is still one of my favorite mods. Power Flowers/Towers were weak though. The real way to go was a blaze powder IC2 macerator/EE2 condenser setup.

Oh yes, I remember. But now that it isn't the real tekkit, and its now tekkit classic, I kinda feel cheaty playing it. Also, I had a glitch involving powered rail and sticky pistons that created so much EMC at full blast that I could produce a free red matter in under a minute. :0.0:

Thanks though! :D I'll link both of our channels for you guys to watch, if you so desire.

Edited by Endersmens

Oh yes, I remember. But now that it isn't the real tekkit, and its now tekkit classic, I kinda feel cheaty playing it. Also, I had a glitch involving powered rail and sticky pistons that created so much EMC at full blast that I could produce a free red matter in under a minute. :0.0:

Thanks though! :D I'll link both of our channels for you guys to watch,

Thanks though! :D I'll link both of our channels for you guys to watch,
to watch,

Comma placement fail! Anyway, it'll be cool to see.

(Edit: Them sneaky forum shenanigans, they are on par with dem ninjas, and invisible ninjas.)

Edited by Dres

Tekkit Classic... I fenced off a village and built an industrial park. The skyscraper in it looks quite nice.

The Tekkit packs are as close to being official as most modpacks are ever going to get. They are not official as in "Supported by Mojang", but they are some of the oldest and most well known Tech Minecraft modpacks, and all of them follow their Mod's modpack rules. Unlike in KSP, Minecraft modpacks are incredibly common, and most mods have specific rules for it. Some also require PM's that you are making a public modpack with their mod, but all you really do is link back to the original forum page (or whatever was the main page of the mod) and give proper credit. The PM is just so the mod owner knows, they don't often care.

Edited by Dres

"Technic" is the launcher platform if you were wondering.

And yes, modding minecraft is very finnicky. Even with magic mod installer.

One time I had 20 mods going and it nearly broke the game. If you wantany more you have to use the technic launcher.

Eh, I use Forge or CurseForge via Curse Voice (don't scream at me...), remarkably stable. I've had in 317+ mods, about 100 of them big ones, in one playthrough.

[...]

And yes, modding minecraft is very finnicky. Even with magic mod installer.

One time I had 20 mods going and it nearly broke the game. If you wantany more you have to use the technic launcher.

Yep, I'm a extremely casual minecraft player, and I recently tried to mod it. I actually had to give up, it was so hard.

I managed to install BuildCraft a while back. :P The Technic Launcher makes it so easy though.

If you guys are looking for a great pack try "Hint of Vanilla". It's great. (And it has the mod that makes held torches emit light...)

EDIT:

That sounded less stupid in my head. :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.