Fans of KSP wishing for a multiplayer space combat experience unite!

tntristan12

Hi all! Been a while since I\'ve posted in the OT forums. I figured it was time to unveil a project my friend and I have been working on. Both of us are long time fans of KSP, and HarvesteR is doing an excellent job with it. We were, however, craving something that allowed for a taste of space combat with a KSP-style feel, but rather than mod new parts for the game, we decided to create a whole new one!

For now, the aim of the game is simple. Kill. We do not have mission objectives yet, or multiple game modes, but what we do have are epic space battles between both player and computer controlled fighters.

That\'s right. We\'re multiplayer!

There are two teams, currently denoted by red and blue. Each team has a mothership that acts as a spawn point, and one team wins by destroying the other team\'s mothership. There are currently not many ways to do that, but eventually we\'re hoping to provide players many tools necessary to the task!

The game is far from complete. Our marketing campaign is brand new, and it will be a long time before we actually start charging for the game. We\'re going for a KSP style release that involves a free demo that will expose the public to the game, and help us catch any early bugs while we\'re still building the core gameplay mechanics.

In the meantime, here are some screenshots to keep your interest piqued! Feel free to ask me any questions about it. :)

Keep in mind that all screenshots at this point are developmental and not necessarily representative of the initial release.

Cheers!

Just backed TorchShips.

One of my friends had an idea for a space-based game, which had a ship creator similar to Spore except that the parts you used affected how your ship worked rather than being merely cosmetic. It was to be a multiplayer game, with several types of FTL drive, and my favourite part was how \'police ships\' [there were no classes, but a certain configuration could make it good for a particular task] would have barbed grappling cannons for grabbing ships with. Often this would result in weak armour just getting torn off said ship, but hey, now you\'ve exposed the inside of that ship so you can get an even better grasp, at only marginal risk of the ship exploding!

Just backed TorchShips.

One of my friends had an idea for a space-based game, which had a ship creator similar to Spore except that the parts you used affected how your ship worked rather than being merely cosmetic. It was to be a multiplayer game, with several types of FTL drive, and my favourite part was how \'police ships\' [there were no classes, but a certain configuration could make it good for a particular task] would have barbed grappling cannons for grabbing ships with. Often this would result in weak armour just getting torn off said ship, but hey, now you\'ve exposed the inside of that ship so you can get an even better grasp, at only marginal risk of the ship exploding!

This is off topic, I know, but I\'m a nuclear engineer and I approve of your sig. ;)

I want a healing thingy! =P

XD The 'healing thingy' was a game concept we actually scrapped. The idea was that it\'s this ring you could fly through during combat, and nanite machines would dynamically repair your craft as you passed through. Repulsors were planned to make it easier to fly through them, but what we discovered once we added computer-controlled fighters was that players would get blown the hell up *long* before they could even think of getting there. :D

Team Fortress 2, in space, but with the building aspects of KSP. I\'m in! Have you got a name yet? Is it freeware?

We\'re calling it Cosmic Storm. Right now it isn\'t available to the public, but we want a KSP style release that involves a free demo version followed by a paid for one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.