The "Why is this even in KSP?!?" Challenge

FINALLY

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13341.0;attach=21496;image

Too bad the game can neither save nor switch vessels while one of them is landed on another :(

UPD: uploaded barge.craft. Requires Cart plugin.

Don\'t ever use cart steering (<J/L>), otherwise carts fall off! Use <A/D> instead. Also be very careful when leaving runway; I\'d recommend driving slightly to the right and exiting at the SPH slipway crossing. Don\'t exceed 10 m/s while in water.

Ah, yeah, hydroplane is not included ;)

UPD2. Ninja\'d :D

But that\'s a perfectly adequate means of transportation and, should therefore, be in game. :D

May I ask what inspired that crazy, genius, contraption?

I\'d edited the Cylinder to make the Piston about a month ago, used it and a Kosmos reverser to make a one-shot launching pad pogo stick (as I hadn\'t yet edited the Piston to be more crash tolerant), and forgot about it until this week.

Remembering Minmus\' low gravity, I figured that the hang time would be long enough for ASAS to flip the craft upright if it started to tumble, and for the most part, I was right on that score.

Some revisions were in order.

PLLI1l.png

This variant can jump twice as high, but isn\'t much better at forward motion.

I halved the speed of the pistons, from 30 to 15, (the DR Cylinder has a default speed of 0.30), and was able to get horizontal velocities of about 0.3 m/s across the ground mid-jump but not much better.

ZzdqHl.jpg

Still getting too much rotation. I suspect I\'m going to have to design to individually set the heights of the pistons.

I stuck the flight chief\'s car on the roof of the VAB.

kqueD.png

N5SjG.png

WPoW0.png

DChqW.png

joDLa.png

9PcAU.png

I also picked up Kerbin with the same truck.

nxhAg.png

I cant belive it.

the first time i ever LOLed out loud.

hGMpf.jpg

Were those requests? If so, knock yourselves out. Just be warned, this thing is so big it may cause immense lag and/or melt your computer.

I will try blowing it up when I get back from California. My computer is pretty darn powerful.

I can\'t even get near this boat without the lag dropping my framerate... good luck landing on it!

yamato1ship1k.png

OOC: Tim... I... Hate.... You...

I\'ve been trying to get a battleship in the water as big as yours for MONTHS! And now i Realized you hid an anti - gravity thing in the bridge....

That\'s a boat?! More like a flipping Battleship! That should be in a MOVIE. That is now PLAYING. Alright, guys. I referenced your movie. Where\'s my $14?

It\'s actually based off the 'Yamato' from an anime... so if you want to see a movie/show, there are tons of them all over youtube.

It\'s actually based off the 'Yamato' from an anime... so if you want to see a movie/show, there are tons of them all over youtube.

wasn\'t that supposed to be an old battleship that they bolted space engines onto a shoved a Wave Motion Cannon into?

It\'s actually based off the 'Yamato' from an anime...

Funny--I was about to suggest you call it the Yamato :)

Now you\'ve got me wondering if a passable Wave Motion Gun could be built using particle emitters.

And I must say, of all the things I\'ve seen in KSP, that definitely wins on style and coolness (and makes good marks on awesomeness and radicalness).

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.