Resupply Mod

SSMI

So I love the idea of running with a life support mod and even mining and turning it into fuel. I really detest flying the same mission over and over though. I have looked into both Davon supply mod and routine mission manager. They both work fine for resupplying or refueling in kerbin orbit but neither could transfer say ore from a moon to an orbital station.

I have put some thought into possible ways to do a resupply but don't know enough about ksp to know how feasible they would be. I have slight programming experience (python and java) but don't think I have enough skill to turn this into a mod. here are my thoughts on how it could work.

• You would have to fly each saved mission at least once.
  • When flying the start point and end point would be based on an orbit in a certain SOI.
  • A possible way to specify the orbit would possibly be energy (Potential and Kinetic), within perhaps 5% or something. That would allow for some variation while still keeping.
  • A pilot would increase the acceptable orbit ranges some as well as save some fuel (level dependent).
  • After running the first run manually a new run could be triggered if you were in the starting orbit and targeted something within the ending orbit envelope. It would then auto pilot to within a certain distance of the target.
  • Another possible starting/ending location could be the surface of a body.
  • To start a new run you must have as much of the active fuel as you had initially.
  • Timing wise I was thinking you could take the recorded transit time plus one full orbit on each end (doesn't take planetary transfer windows into account).

This system would work for carrying kerbals, fuel or any resource something that could be done routinely.

My only issue with how to set it up is identifying the ship that recorded the initial run. Maybe keep track of the active engine, command moduule or probe and all fuel tanks that are used? Do ships keep a unique id that doesn't change? It was my understanding that ships actually combined when they docked.

If someone does start working on something to do this I am willing to help. I just don't think I could build this alone it is beyond my capabilities. If nothing else this thread can serve as a discussion on how this could be done.

This may be what you're looking for. There's another one that actually simulates a resupply mission in the background of the game, but I couldn't find it.

I too remember seeing that and being interested but I haven't seen it around since.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.