Aliens mod?

thomas81

I think there should be an aliens mod. Where you can search for singular cell organisms or intelligent species that visit kerbal. It would be a great addition to the Kerbal Galaxy mod and give some purpose to BD armory in single player if the other intelligent species turn hostile.

Thoughts?

I think there should be an aliens mod. Where you can search for singular cell organisms or intelligent species that visit kerbal. It would be a great addition to the Kerbal Galaxy mod and give some purpose to BD armory in single player if the other intelligent species turn hostile.

Thoughts?

Hm, that would be fun for BD armory. Imagine a cruel and greedy alien race attacking KSC for resources or whatever. If all buildings are destroyed, you lose.

First you meet their explorers, then their missionaries and the US (Space) Marines say hello:

well, not just ET intelligence. I thought the mod could make perhaps single celled organisms on somewhere like Duna and you'd have to explore and investigate the regolith to find it, like they're doing on Mars now pretty much.

Maybe it wasn't as great an idea as i thought going by the lack of uptake.

• 6 months later...

Basically what I've worked on since before v0.90 I've added a semi-working mod for my v0.90 KSP that adds "AI" to a spacecraft (external part to attach to a craft), then I move the craft somewhere in the solar system. The "AI" basically flies the crafts itself generating random nodes where to go, however they have unlimited fuel and gravity does not affect them. Also due to my poor mod programming using many of them eats ALOT of performance. Since I updated to v1.0 I haven't worked on that mod nor released it because of it's poor performance.

But that's the closest I got in generating an "alien ship"

However this was not done by legit "mod ways"

Edited by tjc_9

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.