Obligatory Munar Sandcastle thread (A bit of a spoiler)

Rainbowtrout

Previous to 1.0 when that appeared as the intro shot and I used to see the Muncastle I felt the need to do something impressive for the Kerbals.

Currently the Muncsatle appears at the ending scene(another reason not to quick exit with alt-F4) and now feel that i must have somehow impressed the Kerbals.

P.S. Currently since 1.0 I have seen it three times. Before that I have seen it four times.

Edited by MoeslyArmlis

I've seen it four times in a row once.

Previous to 1.0 when that appeared as the intro shot and I used to see the Muncastle I felt the need to do something impressive for the Kerbals.

Currently the Muncsatle appears at the ending scene(another reason not to quick exit with alt-F4) and now feel that i must have somehow impressed the Kerbals.

P.S. Currently since 1.0 I have seen it three times. Before that I have seen it four times.

Ending scene?

The best thing about these threads is that people start making mythology about the frequency of its appearance in various versions. (Along the lines of "It almost never appeared in .18-.23 but it's chances were upped in .24.") Humans attempting to intuit randomness is hilarious.

For some reason I now would like to see this castle (maybe scaled) on Mun, similar to other non interactable scenery.

There might be a sandcastle on Mun already, and we just haven't found it yet.

Edited by Rthsom

There might be a sandcastle on Mun already, and we just haven't found it yet.

Is this technically possible?

Does this landscape/picture exist in the game or has it been generated solely for this screen.

W7ZsBVD.jpg

Is it possible to extrapolate an approximate location of where the picture was taken?

We have Kerbin in the background and a shadow cast from the sun.

Since Mun has an orbit that is equatorial and tidal locked to Kerbin this excludes the far/dark side.

On the left side of the horizon it seems to show part of the glow from the galactic plane.

The star pattern will help to identify the direction.

Edited by MoeslyArmlis

Is this technically possible?

Does this landscape/picture exist in the game or has it been generated solely for this screen.

http://i.imgur.com/W7ZsBVD.jpg

Is it possible to extrapolate an approximate location of where the picture was taken?

We have Kerbin in the background and a shadow cast from the sun.

Since Mun has an orbit that is equatorial and tidal locked to Kerbin this excludes the far/dark side.

That picture isn't real. It's made solely for the loading screen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.