Light Sensor & Powerful Spotlight ?

dognosh

Are there any current add-ons that have a more powerful light system than our stock ones ?

Is there a Light Sensor in any add-on ? For example, when the sun comes up , the sensor detects that it is now light and switches the lighting rig off ?

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. I am running 1.04

B9 has really powerful floodlights (probably capable of lighting up Mun dark side from low orbit), and since they are just light, I think you can still rip them off the main add on and use in the current KSP version.

As for light sensor, none as far as I know.

I´m trying to do just that, but with no help (I´m not a modder, nor coder and really newb at models+textures) THIS project is most likely dead :-(

I hope your project gets made as it is exactly what I want :)

A modder can be a texturer/modeler or a coder . I have written code(worked as coder for 20 years) but haven't the time at the moment to learn/write/maintain KSP code/protocol/user demands :)

- - - Updated - - -

B9 has really powerful floodlights (probably capable of lighting up Mun dark side from low orbit), and since they are just light, I think you can still rip them off the main add on and use in the current KSP version.

As for light sensor, none as far as I know.

cheers :)

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know how the resources are handled when you're out of "physics reach" for the vessels? AFAIK the orbiting vessels are just on a "rail" when far enough away, every movement is not calculated. What about light and electricity, is that still depleted?

If so, sensors would be a great (stock) addition for several functions. It would be nice to have a mini-programmable automation system that can control functions based on sensors, also fuel amount/heat etc.

Does anyone know how the resources are handled when you're out of "physics reach" for the vessels? AFAIK the orbiting vessels are just on a "rail" when far enough away, every movement is not calculated. What about light and electricity, is that still depleted?

No. Electricity is not depleted, and light doesn't exist without a source which isn't loaded when out of physics range.

Just looking at in game behavior, there is probably something in the solar panel coding that could be of use for a light sensor. The panels orient themselves for sun exposure, and can tell when they have none. So if panels aren't getting sun, turn lights on, else turn lights off.

I think they check the sun is visible, rather than detecting light? which is a subtle difference, but if all you're checking is sunlight rather than reflected or artificial light, not one that matters. And in fact you could probably just use solar panels as triggers without messing with anything more - generating power, sun is up! so now all you need is a charge sensor.

There is ( or was ) a background processing mod that handles electricity depletion somewhat - TAC life support also handles resource depletion for remote stuff somewhat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.