Noob Incoming!!!!

Sean137

Sup KSP Community

I am a bit of a new person to this game. I have accomplished orbit and I have made a few 'k'eosynchronous orbits. I have made attempts for the moon (two successful in that sense). But sadly each time I have attempted a landing Kermans have been lost from the Kerbal lineage :(. If anyone has any tips please help me :P. Also I am interested in developing parts but I dont know how to or where to start.

Thanks!!!

Hi Sean137

Welcome to the KSP forums, you say you are having trouble landing on the Mun? Well what I do is I get into an orbit around the Mun first, then lower it to about 5 or 10km.

After that I burn sideways to stop the craft from moving and I hover gently to the ground, watch out for the ground though as the altimeter is set for the average height, not the actual height from the ground, if you turn on terrain scattering in the settings screen you will see Mun rocks, giving you a good visual clue to your height.

Try to land as slowly as possible, many pilots use RCS to help them but it\'s possible with just the main engine, you can actually practice hovering and landing on Kerbin before you go, so you can get the hang of it.

If you are drifting sideways when you land you are more likely to break your rocket, so making sure you are coming straight down is a must, you can use ASAS to help you and press capslock for fine control, you\'ll still be able to tilt a tiny bit and you can use that tilt to stop your sideways movement.

As with most things, landing takes practice and all your attention, but after a while you\'ll find it becomes easy.

You say you want to do some modelling as well? I can\'t help much with that but you can find a lot of help here, on the addon development board, you\'ll need the free edition of Unity3D if you want to use the new .MU files and the normal maps and emissive maps the new format supports, you\'ll still need a 3D modelling program though, and many mod makers use Blender.

I hope this helps you Sean137, good luck and have fun :)

Sup KSP Community

I am a bit of a new person to this game. I have accomplished orbit and I have made a few 'k'eosynchronous orbits. I have made attempts for the moon (two successful in that sense). But sadly each time I have attempted a landing Kermans have been lost from the Kerbal lineage :(. If anyone has any tips please help me :P. Also I am interested in developing parts but I dont know how to or where to start.

Thanks!!!

I\'m a master of KSP with over 250 rockets, 2500 succeses. 250x10=2500.

Sup KSP Community

Thanks!!!

perhaps you could try landing with lighetr parts? I can\'t offer much help without seeing the ship though.

Welcome to the forums!

DFTBA

Sup KSP Community

Thanks!!!

I always use the IFE SLS, you should download the mod!

Link: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=3684.0

Happy landing!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.