Issues with certain mods in 1.0.4

So, I am trying to play KSP with LLL, Astronomer's Interstellar Pack(Most things installed with it), Interstellar Endurance Mod, RasterPropMonitor, MechJeb2, and Kerbal Inventory System. Now, most of these don't work with 1.0.4 so I was trying to get back to 1.0.2(They say they only work with it, and the game crashes:(). I am not running the game through steam.

Edited by OhTheIronE

So, what is the issue you are wanting help with? Running older, incompatible mods in 1.0.4 or running them in 1.0.2? Either way you will need to provide a mod list (with versions) and an output_log.txt of any crash for anyone to be able to give you any sort of decent advice. See the "How to get support" sticky thread in this sub-forum for details of how to provide the info and for other troubleshooting steps you may be able to try yourself.

Running older ones in 1.0.4. I had problems with AIP(uninstalled)and problems with Firespitter(updated), and everything seems to work fine, except for KSP causing(according to the error log) an 'access violation' while trying to load a [newly created] save.

I removed all old ships that I had mods on, and the loading/title screen works fine.

Well, the usual cause of access violations is KSP hitting the memory limit of approx. 3.5gig (on 64bit windows, much less on 32bit windows) but without an output_log.txt file we can't say for sure...

There are loads of threads that discuss ways to reduce the memory usage but there are also a number of memory leaks in the game that cause the memory usage to rise slowly (or sometimes not so slowly) and it will eventually crash when it gets close to the limit. The best bet is probably to try the -forceopengl command line option (or the similar DirectX 11 option) which should reduce memory usage considerably.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.