Devnote Bonus article

ouion

Coming next from Squad: SatScan! Scan planets with a range of sensors from orbit to make cool maps and hunt for resources also new science parts for orbital experiments! . . . . . (100% Squad original idea. . . . Dmagic? Who's that then?)

Seriously, pretty bloody shameful that RemoteTech wasn't even nodded at in this article which I am 100% sure is where Squad go the idea from.

I mean it's one of the most popular mods out there which already implements this exact thing, and from the sounds of it also does a much better job of it than the stripped out version that's becoming stock.

Squad just went down quite substantially in my estimation.

As far as I'm concerned this is just another attempt at implementing another severely inferior version of something that is fine as a mod. They would be better off implementing AntennaRange and leaving the relay networks to RemoteTech.

Coming next from Squad: SatScan! Scan planets with a range of sensors from orbit to make cool maps and hunt for resources also new science parts for orbital experiments! . . . . . (100% Squad original idea. . . . Dmagic? Who's that then?)

Seriously, pretty bloody shameful that RemoteTech wasn't even nodded at in this article which I am 100% sure is where Squad go the idea from.

I mean it's one of the most popular mods out there which already implements this exact thing, and from the sounds of it also does a much better job of it than the stripped out version that's becoming stock.

Squad just went down quite substantially in my estimation.

Eh, how do you know that Squad didn't already have the idea, but a modder just got to it first? For example, Deadly Reentry was a mod long before Squad added heat damage. I don't think that was a ripoff seeing as most people know by the time they're 10 years old that stuff burns up in the atmosphere when coming from space. A deep space network and relays is a similarly common-sense idea.