Radial Heat Shield Panels

Hoddd9000

I'm thinking some form of ablative heatshield panneling for space shuttle wings and fuselages and... Well... Yeah. This might be difficult due to how the colliders of wings in ksp are'nt identical to the graphical model, so you would have these panels floating slightly below the wing or hidden inside it :( Still, you could probably use the offset tool for that.

You would have to have different shapes any curvatures to fit fuselages and wing edges. Not sure how it would work for cockpit fronts though.

Anyway, you see my point. I would make this myself, but after reading through some modelling and texuring tutorials, I thought i'd just post a request instead :)

I'm thinking some form of ablative heatshield panneling for space shuttle wings and fuselages and... Well... Yeah. This might be difficult due to how the colliders of wings in ksp are'nt identical to the graphical model, so you would have these panels floating slightly below the wing or hidden inside it :( Still, you could probably use the offset tool for that.

You would have to have different shapes any curvatures to fit fuselages and wing edges. Not sure how it would work for cockpit fronts though.

Anyway, you see my point. I would make this myself, but after reading through some modelling and texuring tutorials, I thought i'd just post a request instead :)

Are you able to make any drawings/concept stuff? I have been working on some of this since you posted this. I have made some individual panels, and heat shielded wings, but do you want a full sized part to cover other parts? I do understand how annoying the reentry heating is in 1.0.4, an I have also wanted this for a little while now, too.

Are you able to make any drawings/concept stuff? I have been working on some of this since you posted this. I have made some individual panels, and heat shielded wings, but do you want a full sized part to cover other parts? I do understand how annoying the reentry heating is in 1.0.4, an I have also wanted this for a little while now, too.

Yeah, a bit like the small solar panels but heat shields and bigger. Cant make any concept art or stuff like that as I will be away from my PC and internet speeds above "ridiculously slow" for another week. Thanks for taking up the task of making this thoughh :)

Yeah, a bit like the small solar panels but heat shields and bigger. Cant make any concept art or stuff like that as I will be away from my PC and internet speeds above "ridiculously slow" for another week. Thanks for taking up the task of making this thoughh :)

That is exactly what I have made one of the radial panels out of. I might not have this complete for a little while, as I have other things to do, but I might release it in a "beta" without as many parts, and then work more into the updates. Thanks for posting the suggestion, as I probably wouldn't have picked up on the idea had I not seen it. :P Here it is: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/130057-1-0-4-Radial-Heat-Shields I don't know what's up with me trying to post this.

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.