radial de-coupler issues

OK, I've been having this issue since I first installed KSP. When I try to put boosters on the side with radial de-couplers, for some reason, the de-coupler goes right through the side of the boosters. This is very annoying, because when it comes time for the boosters to fall away, they can't, which creates drag, and more often than not, in my experience, leads to parts overheating and exploding.Has anyone else had this issue? Take note that these de-couplers I'm using are the ones that stick out from the side of the core, and are stock.

Sounds like you're not attaching the boosters to the decouplers correctly. Make sure the cursor is actually on the decoupler when you're attaching the booster.

How can I do that? the booster blocks the view of the decoupler.

They take a bit of getting used too, line your view up to look straight onto at the decoupler then select the booster/tank you want to attach. Then just move the mouse pointer so its directly over the decoupler.

If you need to move it up/down once its attached use the offset button.

They take a bit of getting used too, line your view up to look straight onto at the decoupler then select the booster/tank you want to attach. Then just move the mouse pointer so its directly over the decoupler.

If you need to move it up/down once its attached use the offset button.

I do that every time, and every time, decoupler through the side.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.