MH370 Likely Debris Found

A35K

Which I believe is an important step forward.

in·ter·est·ing

ˈint(ə)rəstiNG/

adjective

adjective: interesting

arousing curiosity or interest; holding or catching the attention.

im·por·tant

imˈpôrtnt/

adjective

adjective: important

of great significance or value; likely to have a profound effect on success, survival, or well-being.

"important habitats for wildlife"

Distinguishing the meaning of words is a valuable tool in life, here's a hand :)!

in·ter·est·ing

ˈint(ə)rəstiNG/

adjective

adjective: interesting

arousing curiosity or interest; holding or catching the attention.

im·por·tant

imˈpôrtnt/

adjective

adjective: important

of great significance or value; likely to have a profound effect on success' date=' survival, or well-being.

"important habitats for wildlife"

Distinguishing the meaning of words is a valuable tool in life, here's a hand :)![/quote']

Whatever that was clearly a joke. I do know the difference, sheesh.

It flew 8 hours after going silent and disappeared pretty much when it was supposed to run out of fuel. Both the CVR and the FDR are unlikely to provide anything that we don't already know.

I will quote myself.

Just the fact that everyone on board was dead at that time is a major fact that will steer the investigation in a whole new direction. Do not underestimate how important these kinds of things are.

Any detail will help the investigation along a lot. Even if the circumstances are exactly as you say, it will tell us a huge amount of things that before were just iffy speculation. Even in cases where a flight recorder either recorded no problems at all (suddenly cut out) or was turned off, those circumstances and facts actually helped paint the picture for the investigators.

Every detail is valuable, especially since currently there are so very few details. Finding the CVR and FDR will absolutely yield information about what has happened and what did not.

It flew 8 hours after going silent and disappeared pretty much when it was supposed to run out of fuel. Both the CVR and the FDR are unlikely to provide anything that we don't already know.

Flight data recorders are required to store 25 hours of data per FAA FAR 121.344 Paragraph (h). That section also details what data must be stored. And while I can't speak to which regulatory authority Malaysian Airlines operates under, the 777 has an FAA type certificate and meets the FAA design standards and operating rules.

Pakled,

Long time no see! Glad to see you still around these parts. Hope everything's going fine.

Back on topic: I don't think Nibb31 is suggesting the FDR won't show us the flight from pushback to crash. I think he's trying to suggest that the FDR won't tell us anything we haven't already gathered from the evidence at hand. Personally I disagree with him. I think that while the CVR may be silent like Nibb31 suggests, the FDR will tell us if this crash was intentional or accidental.

I think that while the CVR may be silent like Nibb31 suggests, the FDR will tell us if this crash was intentional or accidental.

Like I said, even if both recorders are silent, that will tells us many things about what might have happened, and what certainly has not happened. The absence of information is information in this case.

• 3 weeks later...

My first post here so sorry if I replicate something already addressed.

Regards recovery of the FDR from the seabed, of course the actual location itself will tell us something in respect of fuel endurance. If the location is significantly south of the current seabed search area then it would disprove the detour claimed around Sumatra.

If there were significant separation of the wings from fuselage & relative lack of crush damage to wings that would imply mid-air break up before impact with the sea.

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2015/08/21/2162976-mh-370-a-balma-l-enquete-technique-est-bouclee.html

Some details have started to leak out of Toulouse. The barnacle variety is consistent with South Indian Ocean (SIO) however the flaperon would have to have been semi-submerged beneath the surface for at least 3 months. This implies a couple of things.

1) It implies the flaperon remained attached to rest of wing until June 2014.

2) Given the extensive air searches along 7th Arc one whole 27m long wing drifted past searchers unnoticed.

3) The flaperon separated from the wing due to wave action

4) Somehow the wing impacted the sea without crushing the flaperon????

Whilst I am not unbiased about MH370 debate, if the evidence from France suggests the flaperon remained attached to a floating wing for three months there were really only two candidate wings sized objects sighted, both ignored by Australia at Malaysia's insistence.

Sighted by satellite 16 March 2014

24m%20object%20shrunken%200.50_zpstb4akmcw.jpg

and this object sighted two days later about 63km away:

22.5m%20Chinese%20debris%20sighting_zpsubyafnj4.jpg

Both of which were a long way south of the seabed search area

China%20impact%20context3_zpsybfybhhg.jpg

• 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.