Vessel Name Generation

abowl

@Daveroski Um, it doesn't name your ships. You do that. It numbers your flights that you make with those ships. And it tracks what those flights did.

If that's not for you, great, don't use the mod.

Here's the dev link. All future comms about it will be there. I don't want to spam this thread any more about something only tangentially related to the topic.

On 05/08/2015 at 4:18 PM, abowl said:

Hello Players,

What type of program or tool if any do you use to name your ships?

54 minutes ago, Heed said:

@Daveroski Um, it doesn't name your ships. You do that. It numbers your flights that you make with those ships. And it tracks what those flights did.

If that's not for you, great, don't use the mod.

Here's the dev link. All future comms about it will be there. I don't want to spam this thread any more about something only tangentially related to the topic.

I have no idea what you are mumbling about.

I answered the original post.

Me just, exploder, explodey, big boom, Jebs gonna die. :) 

really I just usually name them after what they are for. Or what they are doing. Mostly so when I have many craft in flight I can easily find what I want in the tracking center lists, and to easily find what saved ship I want on the VAB list

I make up names.

Enerstar for my land trains, why, because it uses a variety of energy sources, ore, jet power, electric rover wheels, nuclear generators, fuel cells.  It's also reminiscent of those kinds of old transport company names.  From there, the names are just generated in the style of tanks eg. Enerstar E6 (edition 6) there's also a "enerstar E6 II" because it's not a full redesign just mildly upgraded for 1.1.1.1

The pet scout probe "Magellan" because it scouts out a path for the Enerstar.

Rock Rescue - a drone sent out to catch an asteroid.

Falcon - is my series of supersonic compact fighter jets.  Falcon LR DUA = Falcon  long range, dual bomb, up armored

Kerbomber was a series of large transports for bringing fuel to Enerstar but I quickly went to ICBMs for that instead.

So i just kind of take "what the thing does" and base the name on that.  Some of the names are more systematic than others, just depends how many variations I do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.