Manufacturer Rename Tweaks - A Sane Naming Scheme for Parts

Borisbee

Have you ever loaded up an install full of mods and begun to go through your parts trying to figure out which are from which mod but can't because the manufacturer is some silliness like "probodobodyne"? Well for me and a few other's that I've talked to, it's annoying as all hell.

What this mod is is a simple ModuleManager config that renames all parts to the mod they belong to. It also renames all stock parts to "squad" manufacturer. Of course when I say "all" parts, I mean any mods that have support. As of now I have included support for the follow mods

All Stock Parts

Near Future

Atomic Age

Cryo Engines

Habitat Pack

RemoteTech

DeepFreeze

Stockalike Station Parts

This is an ongoing project and any mods I find that have weird naming schemes I will add support for. If you find this useful and have some mods that you'd like to see support for please let me know and I'll be sure to add them as well.

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3skarucd06agx3s/Manufacturer%20Rename.cfg?dl=0

Since this is just a simple text file the license is "do whatever you want with it, but some credit would be nice"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.