Lost/Corrupt save

Hello all!

I got the game bugged, presumably after disembarking a turned over rover, where the kerbonaut got stuck, ragdolled and clipped into the runway. Everything disappeared, (only empty space remained) - I revert to SPH. Upon relaunching a redesigned rover, the game still won't render Kerbin, leaving a spooky empty space. IVA is available, but only interior. NavBall had all vectors on one place.

So I quit the game, tried to reload the save. Still the same thing, even when looking at the KSC.

I tried to load an earlier save, still the same thing.

I quit the game, re-started the game, and now it loads just fine - But its a VERY OLD save. It doesn't matter if I try to load the latest quicksave, or something - still the same old save is loaded.

I'm perfectly fine if I can load any other save than the persistent, an old quicksave would do it, i'm not fine starting almost from scratch again. (my ships are still there though!). But it's not possible to load a save without a persistent in the folder? I suspect the persistent is corrupted, because it's the only thing that has changed since the bug appeared.

Edited by martinborgen

Try this:

1. Make a new save.

2. Exit the game.

3. Move all ships from the old save to the new save.

4. Move your most recent quicksave from the old save to the new save.

5. Start game and go load new save.

6. In space center load the quicksave you just moved.

7. Let me know if you profit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.