ExtraPlanetary Launchpads and Routine Mission Manager

Vist

Hi everybody :)

Just wanted to ask around if ExtraPlanetary Launchpads and Routine Mission Manager can work together?

For example, if I have a spacedock orbiting the Mun which is regularly supplied with the required materials along with metals (which I'll sell back on Kerbin), will Routine Mission Manager register the flight from the spacedock with it's cargo of metal after landing successfully on Kerbin?

Thanks in advance for your replies and comments. :)

RMM only works between the launchpad and Kerbin orbit. If you want to sell metal that you mined from the Mun, you'd have to get the ship to Kerbin orbit first, and at that point you might as well land it. What might make sense is shipping the metal to a space station in Kerbin orbit, then using RMM to launch a "retrieval ship" to your space station, and then using RMM to recover that retrieval ship. The round trip from Mun orbit -> Kerbin orbit -> Mun orbit would have to be done by hand.

A related option is Davon Supply Mod. It basically lets you ship up any resources (including ore or RocketParts) from Kerbin to orbit around Kerbin/Mun/Minmus in exchange for cash. If you're playing in sandbox there's no cash, so instead you have to fill the module up a few times and then it delivers resources for free.

RMM only works between the launchpad and Kerbin orbit. If you want to sell metal that you mined from the Mun, you'd have to get the ship to Kerbin orbit first, and at that point you might as well land it. What might make sense is shipping the metal to a space station in Kerbin orbit, then using RMM to launch a "retrieval ship" to your space station, and then using RMM to recover that retrieval ship. The round trip from Mun orbit -> Kerbin orbit -> Mun orbit would have to be done by hand.

A related option is Davon Supply Mod. It basically lets you ship up any resources (including ore or RocketParts) from Kerbin to orbit around Kerbin/Mun/Minmus in exchange for cash. If you're playing in sandbox there's no cash, so instead you have to fill the module up a few times and then it delivers resources for free.

hi hab136,

Ohhhh... forgot it only works for Kerbin :">

I've been testing for the past couple of days of a "dropship freighter" concept that I initially assumed to make it work with RMM + EPL on Mun or Minmus :D Guess the latter part is not possible at the moment :">

My idea was to use RMM on the dropship freighter build by an orbiting EPL spacedock, manually pilot it until it lands on Kerbin and earning funds. Found out that a fully loaded 2.5 kontainer is too heavy for a single skipper or mainsail engine for reentry (even with a lot of parachutes). :D

Then I kinda tweaked Stage Recovery's minimum reentry speed from 12 to 16 :"> which didn't work under 70km altitude but does fine with a 80km altitude. My 2 tests at that height, going.... retrograde or prograde (I forgot which is which :"> ) with a burn that would make the lowest altitude of my decent be between 5k - 10km while still above 70km while I can still switch focus to another ship. I get the notice of a successful stage recovery having a refund of 70%-80% that included the cargo.

Am gonna try out the same approach starting with a Mun orbit and doing the burn for Kerbin with the same ending altitude. :D Hopefully it will still work :">

Regards and thanks for your insight :)

Am gonna try out the same approach starting with a Mun orbit and doing the burn for Kerbin with the same ending altitude. :D Hopefully it will still work :">

I take that back :D it's harder than I thought :P :">

I think am going to do the transfers using a series of Colony Logistics Hubs of MKS/OKS :"> it'll take awhile but at least it's a sure thing to sell mined materials without the need to actually land. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.