About to be new player questions

ussoldier2002

Hi everybody,

I posted these questions in another forum and it was suggested that I post it here because I would get more looks by people who would be better suited to help me. Anyway, here is my old post.

I am about to purchase this game in a couple of days. I have a few questions if you don't mind helping me out.

1. I have done some research on editing the textures and land masses on Kerbin but I'm unsure of a couple of things.

Can I use a gray scale map that I exported from Simcity 4 and use it for Kerbin?

If I can use the map from SC4 how hard is it to overlay the pictures of my cities from SC4 on Kerbin? I know it won't look all that great but I would prefer to see something other than green grass. Plus I have pretty much created my own universe and it would be cool to incorporate it into this awesome game.

2. I saw a MOD on here the adds city lights to Kerbin so it looks like lit up cities on the night side. If I download that can I "paint" where I want the lights to be or is does it just put lights somewhere random?

3. Let's say I create an airplane that I want to test or something. Do I have to take off from KSC or can I place the plane anywhere and fly?

4. Can I rename plantets easily?

5. Can I remove planets easily? I want to remove the second moon around Kerbin. No real reason but it bothers me lol.

I am sorry if these questions are foolish but I am still learning. I know I have more questions but that's all I can think of right now.

1.) I don't know how to edit Kerbin textures either, but you might talk to the creators of planet mods.

2.) I think they will spawn randomly.

3.) Without mods, you must take off from KSC. You can use Kerbal Konstructs to add different launch sites or use HyperEdit to quickly position your plane anywhere you want.

4.) and 5.) Talk to the planet mod creators. Alternatively, you can dig for modifiable configurations. I think there are config files for the planets somewhere...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.