Mk3 Cargo/Tankers

Hi all, i've been trying to make mk3 space planes since a while ago, and i'm having bad luck since i can't build any desing capable o getting into a low/mediium orbit with a full large cargo bay, also, neither of my crafts are capable of lifting of from the runway (Mk1 and mk2 do pretty fine) so i wanted to see some desings to learn a bit more about the physics of an mk3 ssto/ cheap craft.

Thanks for your help

Thanks, but it seems quite old, aren't those crafts obsolete?

I keep it updated the best I can! If I were to suggest something, I would tell you to start with the Spatha, which is very simple to use and has ample margins and a decent payload:

hm4jioX.png

But if you are feeling a bit more up to the challenge, I have actually just updated the Longsword file:

VRkrw3A.png

A few tiny changes in order for any two of my base modules to fit in there, and I will point out that some versions got 33% payload fractions. With the given payload, it's more like 25% and some margin.

Rune. Grab either of them in my page! (link in my sig).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.