WWII Boeing B-29 Superfortress Bomber (w/ Silverplate variant)

Is it just me, or is the cupola lopsided, so that it's off from prograde?

Are you sure you were controlling from the cupola module? It works fine for me.

If you click on other views, however, that screws the controls up, so you have to click back to the main cupola module to keep the "control from here" position straight.

SKK9OJj.png

Sorry about the wait on the video. I'm waiting for a North Kerbin Dynamics update to make the cinematic shots I need. I will get around to it but it may take a bit as school's starting soon.

Alright! Thanks in advance :)

Are you sure you were controlling from the cupola module? It works fine for me.

If you click on other views, however, that screws the controls up, so you have to click back to the main cupola module to keep the "control from here" position straight.

http://i.imgur.com/SKK9OJj.png

Thanks for the reply, but if you look at your image, you are in the cupola view. The tiny control-ball thingy is telling you that the cupola is pointing about 5 degrees to the left from prograde. That is what I am experiencing, with no movement of the prograde marker closer the where the cupola is pointing.. Any, it's an easy enough fix, i just translated and rotated the cupola in the SPH.

• 1 month later...

I know it's been a long time, but.. A huge, new update!

Features:

1. New turrets

2. Revised Cockpit windows

3. Revised Wings

4. Redone Engines

Although, it's part count is 500 now (unfortunately) but you can rid the solar panels from the structural windows.

And for the controls to be proper, it's the opposite - The entire plane has to be filled with Kerbals for the controls to orient properly, or you can not fill it at all, there's a probe core.

Update applies for both Silverplate and Conventional.

Happy bombings~!

And by how much should I lengthen it? I don't have much a sense of proportion when it's entirely based off blueprints, sorry.

Best way I have found is take the blueprint, and the measurements off Wikipedia or something, build a frame in KSP to the right dimensions, use Kronal Vessel Viewer to produce your own blueprint, then scale the original blue print in your photo editor of choice until they match. Then you can always produce another blueprint in KSP and compare it to the scaled blueprint as you build to get all the dimensions you don't know, wing chord, fuselage width etc.

Nice work! Still much better than mine, especially in the tail.

Heh, yours has more detail crammed into a lower part count :P Thanks!

Best way I have found is take the blueprint, and the measurements off Wikipedia or something, build a frame in KSP to the right dimensions, use Kronal Vessel Viewer to produce your own blueprint, then scale the original blue print in your photo editor of choice until they match. Then you can always produce another blueprint in KSP and compare it to the scaled blueprint as you build to get all the dimensions you don't know, wing chord, fuselage width etc.

Thanks, I think I'll try that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.