LMMS Audio Workstation [Free and Open Source]

Starwhip

You mean thanks Endersmens for digging through the interwebs to find it. :sticktongue: Took a few searches to find a free software that good.

Heh, yeah. I'm definitely not a musician, so that combined with the fact that I don't really know what I'm doing is leading to some very, very harsh sounds. :/

Heh, yeah. I'm definitely not a musician, so that combined with the fact that I don't really know what I'm doing is leading to some very, very harsh sounds. :/

I've gotten the first two measures of Kerbal Rock on it. :D It's just synthesized bass drum, hihat, and snare though. Trying to get the rest in.

Can you explain to me what this does exactly? And then tell me how to use it on DVD?

It's pretty simple. Download the ISO file and burn it to a DVD. Then, when you're ready to use it, boot from the DVD. It doesn't change your computer any, it won't overwrite anything, you're just booting into AV Linux from the DVD. Granted, it would run faster if you installed it (as Starwhip mentions, on another computer or as dual-boot), but there are worse things in life to deal with. After it boots and the desktop opens, you'll be running Linux, you'll have access to all the software/tools AV Linux offers... and it will see your HD, you just access your data on your HD. Anything you create/modify, you'll save it back to your HD. When you're done you just logout (remove the DVD), and your computer will reboot back into your original OS.

It's worth checking out, there's some great tools there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.