What kind of Kraken is this?

After playing for some time, I had just reverted a flight to the VAB to correct a problem, then sent it to the launchpad... It was weird. Instead of going to the launchpad, I was in the space center view. KSC was there, in space, with the Mun visible below where the "ground" should have been-- I wondered if Davros had stolen Kerbin to help make his Reality Bomb. Also, oddly, my rocket was visible, in a small way, apparently with first stage engines firing, but suspended motionless at an angle just off the pad.

Getting out of KSP and back in again, everything was nominal; but that was an odd experience. I'm too much of a n00b to recognize the types of Kraken on sight; wondered if that was one of the known types.

Kerbal Alarm Clock

MechJeb

Aviation Lights

ScanSat

Kopernicus

Outer Planets

Final Frontier

KAS

KIS

Asteroid Day

Corvus

Stockalike Station parts

KAX

Distant Object Enhancement

oops, and

[x] Science

Universal Storage

ETA: I'm really not hugely concerned that it's a game-breaking bug or anything; it was easily solved by the restart. It was just odd and I'm curious.

Edited by MaxwellsDemon

I saw it again, without Kopernicus/OPM, but instead of crashing the game it was a temporary situation. I'm thinking now that it's some sort of delay in rendering Kerbin "under" KSC as the screen loads. But I can live with it as long as it doesn't bring the game down with it. (I'm guessing memory limitatations. My 4 gigs of memory seemed so impressive when I originally got them. Much less so now...)

I saw it again, without Kopernicus/OPM, but instead of crashing the game it was a temporary situation. I'm thinking now that it's some sort of delay in rendering Kerbin "under" KSC as the screen loads. But I can live with it as long as it doesn't bring the game down with it. (I'm guessing memory limitatations. My 4 gigs of memory seemed so impressive when I originally got them. Much less so now...)

I actually get the delay in rendering a whole lot and without problems, it happens for a few seconds and then fixes itself. I've seen it a few times during squadcast as well, so, it's really a stock problem, maybe even an Unity4 problem.

I doubt its memory, you've got 4 Gigs so you're maxed out. I have almost all of the same mods installed (with the exceptions of corvus, x-science and stockalike station parts- I dont have Kopernicus/OPM either, but those are ruled out). I do however, have many, many more mods installed as well, including some part-heavy packs like KW and B9.

Is it possible that your save has become corrupted?

Anything's possible. What symptoms I should look for to try to rule out a corrupted-save possibility?

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen it a few times during squadcast as well, so, it's really a stock problem, maybe even an Unity4 problem.

Perhaps. Haven't been around Kerbin enough to know what's 'normal' yet. :) So long as it doesn't crash entirely, it's a minor annoyance rather than a major problem.

• 2 months later...

My problem consist when i try launching my rocket the screen goes to space view and i cannot get back, even upon restart i do have mods, interstellar,future propulsion,solar,construction,electrical,aies mod,spaceylifters mod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.