How much Delta-V required to travel to all planets beyond Kerbin?

Hello, I am trying to to launch a vessel to go to all Planets, and other objects, and want to know how much fuel I would require.

Flight path: Kerbin > Mun > Minmus > Duna > Dres > Jool > Eeloo.

I can go Kerbin Mun Minmus Duna directky but when I arrive at Duna I have to pause for a few years. Then to Dres and maybe pause. Then to Jool and Eeloo.

Edited by theh5

WAC's map is pretty, but only applies to journeys to and from Kerbin. For trips such as Duna > Jool, or even Vall > Tylo, I use the more comprehensive charts here: https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalAcademy/comments/1qu5jv/deltav_charts/ They can be tricky to use but the examples explain it well. Keep in mind that those charts are old so the values for Eve, Kerbin, Duna, and Laythe ascents aren't accurate, but all the stuff in space is still the same.

Like the others said, there are delta-v maps of the Kerbol system that show you the amount of delta-v needed to transfer from one body to the other, and to circularise your orbit. There are some things to consider though:

- Do you want to do fly-bys, or do you want to go into orbit around the bodies? If you are satisfied with just doing fly-bys, you can save a lot of delta-v by using gravity assists to 'slingshot' yourself to your next destination. This requires a lot of planning though. It might also be easier to include Eve in your slingshot maneuvers, since her her strong gravity well may help you to slingshot yourself outwards towards the outer planets. Also, transfer windows between the outer planets suck, they are few and far in between.

- If you bring mining gear, you can replenish your fuel at certain locations (the moons and Dres/Eeloo). This would make your craft much more compact.

WAC's map is pretty, but only applies to journeys to and from Kerbin. For trips such as Duna > Jool, or even Vall > Tylo, I use the more comprehensive charts here: https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalAcademy/comments/1qu5jv/deltav_charts/ They can be tricky to use but the examples explain it well. Keep in mind that those charts are old so the values for Eve, Kerbin, Duna, and Laythe ascents aren't accurate, but all the stuff in space is still the same.

Awesome maps :) I use WAC's map all the time but these are very good, thankyou

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.