An Open Letter to Flying Tiger Entertainment

BagelRabbit

Ever heard of recurring revenue? KSP could easily have a sequel, DLC, etc. attached to it. The "former customers" (I like the italic sneer) on this forum are the easiest future customers for Squad to get.

Any kind of DLC would be suicidal, people never really let that go (OMG GAME UNFINISHED PAYING FOR WHAT I ALREADY BOUGHT) unless you're an AAA publisher in which case people still whine and moan with nobody listening to them. I've seen this happen and I'd rather KSP move on straight to KSP 2/mobile spin-offs/whatever than get any paid DLC; the modern person is too entitled and too whiny to not spend hours upon hours upon hours whining about something that is still far superior in price performance to just about anything else you can get in real life.

And if someone refuses to buy a sequel to KSP because console ports happened (lolwut), then the door is there. Such unreasonable people aren't as common as they are loud, and they won't even have the cliched excuse that is "b-b-b-but the main game isn't being developed!" as the port is handled by another company.

Any kind of DLC would be suicidal, people never really let that go (OMG GAME UNFINISHED PAYING FOR WHAT I ALREADY BOUGHT) unless you're an AAA publisher in which case people still whine and moan with nobody listening to them. I've seen this happen and I'd rather KSP move on straight to KSP 2/mobile spin-offs/whatever than get any paid DLC; the modern person is too entitled and too whiny to not spend hours upon hours upon hours whining about something that is still far superior in price performance to just about anything else you can get in real life.

And if someone refuses to buy a sequel to KSP because console ports happened (lolwut), then the door is there. Such unreasonable people aren't as common as they are loud, and they won't even have the cliched excuse that is "b-b-b-but the main game isn't being developed!" as the port is handled by another company.

also i'd like to add that almost anything they can do for DLC can be done in mod form sooner and eventually probably better with enough investment

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.