Good, lower cost steam games?

Yukon0009

If either of you need some help, I have a bit of time before I have to go to Upsilon's livestream where I could play some War Thunder.

Russia. Sometimes Britain.

Ah, thanks. I'll see if I can watch, I'll probably learn a thing or two.

I'm still at the edge of Tier II in Britain and still in Tier 1 (PBY level) in America.

Anyways, we should probably start a thread for this :P

I phrased that so poorly, didn't I. I was trying to say that I could take some time to play a few War Thunder matches with either of you to help you out before I go to Upsilon's livestream about an hour from now.

..Oh.

Sure, why not? :)

(My name is Columbia20713.)

The problem is that it is so in depth you need a Fortress PhD :D

Until somewhere actually offers that, you could go with the O'Reilly book.

cat.gif

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920022565.do

You'd think a game doesn't need a guide from a publishing house you'd normally associate with comp-sci stuff. You'd think that.

Terraria, Spacechem - both good games I own that I can reccomend.

Also, in addition to the weeklong monday deals, don't forget to check the daily deals, midweek deals (usually on a Tuesday) and weekend deals (usually on a Thursday.) There's almost no reason to ever pay full price on Steam if you have a small bit of patience.

Until somewhere actually offers that, you could go with the O'Reilly book.

http://akamaicovers.oreilly.com/images/0636920022565/cat.gif

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920022565.do

You'd think a game doesn't need a guide from a publishing house you'd normally associate with comp-sci stuff. You'd think that.

Terraria, Spacechem - both good games I own that I can reccomend.

Also, in addition to the weeklong monday deals, don't forget to check the daily deals, midweek deals (usually on a Tuesday) and weekend deals (usually on a Thursday.) There's almost no reason to ever pay full price on Steam if you have a small bit of patience.

On the Dwarf Fortress thing, the DF wiki has a few nice tutorials and articles.

Master of Orion 2 is one of my all time favorites (it is on GOG, but not steam.) While it was released in 1996, it has held up better than any other game I can think of from that era.

On steam Terraria and FTL are worth checking out if you have not already done so. If you were looking for something more recent Satellite Reign was pretty good (although looking at it that was $30, and it was not as good as some of the older cheaper games.) XCOM enemy unknown (and the DLC) are also very good (although also more like $30 before the DLC, or $50 if you buy it with the expansion.)

I play war thunder. There are some tanks and planes you can buy. They are expensive so most don't buy them. It's a fun game to play and quite authentic. There are no hit points it all about armor thickness and projectile energy.
Edited by gmiddlemass

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.