MechJeb version number 2.5.3 issues

I am unsure if this has been asked or discussed already, so forgive me in advance if it has. I have KSP version 1.0.4.861 with MechJeb version 2.5.3. MechJeb only seems to work some of the time, not all of the time. On my most recent problem, about 10 minutes ago, I had my command pod with an adapter, a medium sized MK3 fuselage for fuel, another adapter then the engine. So basically I have no more stages. Here was my problem, I was already in circularize around Kerbin, and had told MechJeb for the Hohmann maneuver to target planet. On the map it showed all the orbit lines, and when it went to burn, nothing happened, even though I had almost an entirely full tank of fuel. MechJeb *did* throttle all the way up, but there was no engine burn of any fuel.

My other problem that I had with MechJeb on a previous run like a week ago, was when I was all set to do a mun encounter. I had already chosen the location on the mun of where I wanted to land. The ship I had built didn't have much fuel left, but it had fuel. When the ship got to the point when MechJeb should have started to burn, it did nothing, and then completely ignored any options I had set for it and went into a Kerbin orbit.

So my question is this: Does MechJeb version 2.5.3 work with this version of KSP? If not, is there a known MechJeb version that will work with KSP 1.0.4.861?

In early versions of KSP, MechJeb worked like a charm. But now, it doesn't work at all and I'm perplexed as to why. I remember there were specific things that you had to do, according to a Youtube video, such as getting to 200,000, circularize around Kerbin, then in the landing guidance window, pick your landing location, and then MechJeb would take over from there. For me, MechJeb doesn't really do a whole lot, except for getting me into that circular orbit, but when I instruct it to do that Hohmann transfer, nothing happens, and when it goes to full throttle to burn the fuel, no fuel burns, even tho there is fuel in the tank.

And the nodes thing, I have no understanding of what any of that stuff is. I know it's meant to do something, but I don't know how to utilize the nodes thing :-/

I am having very similar issues; they seemed to start a few days ago. I just looked through my files and realized I had MechJeb installed twice for some reason, once in the KSP root directory and once inside GameData; I don't remember doing that, so I wonder if it came along with another mod I added? Anyway, I'm in the process of extracting MechJeb and reinstalling it to see if that helps...

UPDATE: Removing both instances of MechJeb and reinstalling it appears to have fixed the problem. I'm not clear on how there came to be two versions of it in the first place, though.

Edited by MaxwellsDemon

Well, I did the manual installation of it. Which is simply downloading MechJeb which should come contained in a .zip file. Then extract the zip file to the GameData folder. I've done that, and as I mentioned MechJeb kind of works, but when it comes to initializing a burn sequence to enter orbit of the moon, it simply does not happen, and I know for sure I only have extracted MechJeb one time from the zip file into the GameData folder.

Are there any other functioning add-ons that land you at different planets? Because for me, MechJeb 2 is not working, and I can find no instructions other than the manual, on how to operate the menus. What I mean is, in the early versions of MechJeb, there was a youtube video that specifically explained that you had to circularize, make sure you were at 200,000 k/m, then open the landing menu and select your target (in my case the moon) then all I remember from there is selecting an option that would automatically transfer from kerbin to moon, and then auto land me on the moon.

And now, none of this happens. Can anyone confirm that MechJeb 2 works in its entirety, and have landed on a planet with the assistance of MechJeb 2? And if so, what am I missing/is there something specific I have to do if MechJeb 2 does work?

Thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.