How can I have the original crew 100% of the time?

flaillomanz

Hmm... odd. That shouldn\'t be happening. I\'m no tech-genius, so I can\'t say much else, someone like Tiberion might know what\'s happening.

Really?

hmm... i\'m getting randomly generated crews all the time, on 150+ consecutive launches, and have yet to see the legendary trio. I want them so badly right now. I mean, instead of having randomly generated crews.

If they are 'dead' it\'ll be a while till you see them again, but you can hurry this up by editing your persistence file in KSP\saves\default.

Take a look:

// KSP Flight State

version = 0.15.2

UT = 549204.3659213

activeVessel = -1

CREW

{

name = Jebediah Kerman

brave = 0.5

dumb = 0.5

badS = True

state = 3

ToD = 551104.806039755

}

CREW

{

name = Bill Kerman

brave = 0.5

dumb = 0.8

badS = False

state = 3

ToD = 551104.806039755

}

CREW

{

name = Bob Kerman

brave = 0.3

dumb = 0.1

badS = False

state = 3

ToD = 551104.806039755

}

Their state tells the game what condition they are in, I think mine are in space or dead, and it has to be set to 1 so they come back, if you only want them though it might work if you delete all the other crew so KSP can only choose our heroes.

If they are 'dead' it\'ll be a while till you see them again, but you can hurry this up by editing your persistence file in KSP\saves\default.

Take a look:

// KSP Flight State

version = 0.15.2

UT = 549204.3659213

activeVessel = -1

CREW

{

name = Jebediah Kerman

brave = 0.5

dumb = 0.5

badS = True

state = 3

ToD = 551104.806039755

}

CREW

{

name = Bill Kerman

brave = 0.5

dumb = 0.8

badS = False

state = 3

ToD = 551104.806039755

}

CREW

{

name = Bob Kerman

brave = 0.3

dumb = 0.1

badS = False

state = 3

ToD = 551104.806039755

}

Their state tells the game what condition they are in, I think mine are in space or dead, and it has to be set to 1 so they come back, if you only want them though it might work if you delete all the other crew so KSP can only choose our heroes.

May I just say that that\'s bloody cool. I\'ll see if this does the trick; in the meantime, maybe someone could politely pester Harv about getting the selectable crews implemented asap.

Oh yeah?

Well, I made one which was so wide and thick, it clipped the launch tower and turned into about 30 separate rockets flying around, with my command module somehow intact, flying through a shitstorm of loose parts and SRB\'s. Well, it WAS intact, until one of the errant SRBs clipped the parachute, knocking it off the CM but somehow not exploding. Which is rather strange considering their impact tolerances. Anyway, from that point forward the crew\'s fate was sealed.

Hahaha. You know, I have to admit *every single freaking time* I get Jeb in the ship now, I park it somewhere obscure and not noteworthy, just because I can\'t bear to get him killed on purpose. This makes testing new designs difficult sometimes, since often enough he\'ll have died due to an obscure flaw in a spacecraft earlier, I\'ll be testing various changes to make it not happen again - and then I kill enough crews that they pop up again. At that point I usually just shuffle the thing off to the right of the KSC platform and leave it there. ::)

If you kill Bill, Jeb, and Bob, make sure you End Flight then Restart Flight, THEN return to VAB/SPH. By restarting you bring them back from before you blew them up.

Of course, if you leave them in Orbit, you can\'t get them again without a random pull. Yes, you can have more than one original crew. Not sure if that\'s a bug or just the whimsy of a RNG.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

If you kill Bill, Jeb, and Bob, make sure you End Flight then Restart Flight, THEN return to VAB/SPH. By restarting you bring them back from before you blew them up.

Of course, if you leave them in Orbit, you can\'t get them again without a random pull. Yes, you can have more than one original crew. Not sure if that\'s a bug or just the whimsy of a RNG.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

my two cent on this, they are simply part of the random roster, they are just asked to come forth first... meaning they can still come up at random.

I have never seen just 1 of the 3 turn up with other crew, if you look at your persistence file you\'ll notice that all crews are selected in batches of three.

Names seem randomly generated (apart from Jeb Bill and Bob) and each set of three is picked sequentially, if they are alive and not already assigned.

Oh yeah?

Well, I made one which was so wide and thick, it clipped the launch tower and turned into about 30 separate rockets flying around, with my command module somehow intact, flying through a shitstorm of loose parts and SRB\'s. Well, it WAS intact, until one of the errant SRBs clipped the parachute, knocking it off the CM but somehow not exploding. Which is rather strange considering their impact tolerances. Anyway, from that point forward the crew\'s fate was sealed.

No, I mean I put it on the runway and it instantly got crushed. It was a multiple segment system, with one huge plane with many engines and a smaler spaceplane underneath. The small one got crushed, and the big one was unharmed.

Please don\'t bump threads XenonBlade, but seeing as you have asked a valid question this doesn\'t count as a useless bump in my opinion :)

I think I was wrong before about using number 1 for the crew, 1 means they are assigned to a craft and they shouldn\'t be chosen again.

I have been looking through my persistence files and I am now pretty sure the number you need is 0

2 should mean landed and 3 means dead, so set Jeb, Bob and Bill to zero and they will be chosen for a new flight.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.