[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

Well, new 'planets' as opposed to ' satillites' means that the 'Atmospheric Capsule' we already have will still work, no?

That was my goal. When the v0.17 will be out, I\'ll update my mod to land on a new planet.

If said planet has an atmosphere then yes. I would love to see the protective bubble be more that a placeholder as well.

I hope I will find something better than these.

Can you PLEASE do something about the wobblyness of the Airshell? due to the attachement node above the skycrane and the rubber band physics we have, as soon as any rocket I can come up with launches, it starts oscilating the shell over the attachement node and trough the bottom plate..which as time progresses leads to the shell ripping off the descent engines of the skycrane, mission lost.. alternatively, could you fix the shell body so you can attach struts to it to stabilise?

I will try to find time to check this, this week.

Will You Ever Made The Rover A .Zip?

I don\'t think, but you can download winrar for free.

Yogui since planets are going to be added you should try to get a Solar orbit insertion stage for 1meter rockets done and also a bigger parachute since atmospheres I can almost guarantee wont be the same density of kerbin. Also happy holidays from your beta testing crew. Cheers

It\'d be nice to see a decoupler that the capsule fits into better since the capsule will sit on top of any other decoupler I\'ve tried using it with in a way that there\'s a very large gap between the bottom of the capsule and the decoupler, it also makes the capsule pretty unstable during launch.

Sinse I got 3.6 on 0.17 the rover don\'t open anymore when I press o :\'(. Pleasse help me, the rover was always my favorite mod.

May be you have an issue with Multijoint plugin: try to overwrite the plugin.

Check if you\'ve got all the files in the Plugin Data folder.

If these tips don\'t help you, may be you\'ve got a corrupt file. Try to download again the mod.

Hope I could help you.

Yogui since planets are going to be added you should try to get a Solar orbit insertion stage for 1meter rockets done and also a bigger parachute since atmospheres I can almost guarantee wont be the same density of kerbin. Also happy holidays from your beta testing crew. Cheers

In my mind, capsule\'s engine was suppose to be used as a transfer engine. I\'ll tweek it when KSP v0.17 will be out.

New parachutes will be added to fit with the different densities of planets atmosphere.

It\'d be nice to see a decoupler that the capsule fits into better since the capsule will sit on top of any other decoupler I\'ve tried using it with in a way that there\'s a very large gap between the bottom of the capsule and the decoupler, it also makes the capsule pretty unstable during launch.

Are you talking about the Adaptater/decoupler I made for the capsule or about the stock ones? There\'re issues with the decouplers due to the capsule shell. I\'ll try to fix it asap.

Thank you all for your feedbacks. Details make all the differents between a poor mod and a great mod.

Simply the most complex and amazingly well done delivery system I have ever seen! You sir deserve a medal for the effort you have put into this! ;D

Too bad it lags my poor Macbook Pro to a slideshow in the VAB...

Anyways on to constructive criticism!

1. Due to the rather large size of the capsule (3-3.5m ?) I think it would be nice to have a decoupler designed to fit onto the heat shield and transition it smoothly to a 2 meter segment

2. I have run into the issue of running into jettisoned parts while landing (though this is probably just my incompetent flying skills... :) )

For some reason I keep having parts fall off of my capsule/rover as I do my orbital burn.

Can you tell me what parts fall off? If it\'s the capsule\'s engine or the skycrane engines it\'s a known issue due to the cpsule shell instability and I\'m working on it.

Wow, this is really impressive! The rover is fairly AMAZING, and the delivery system just so, maybe you could make a crewable rover once you animate the skywinch? Axiously awaiting the next update. . .

I\'m interested in making a crewable rover. I need the help of a plugin modder because I\'ve no skill in coding. I want to see the driver sitting on the seat when the rover is 'occupied'.

Anyways on to constructive criticism!

1. Due to the rather large size of the capsule (3-3.5m ?) I think it would be nice to have a decoupler designed to fit onto the heat shield and transition it smoothly to a 2 meter segment

2. I have run into the issue of running into jettisoned parts while landing (though this is probably just my incompetent flying skills... :) )

1. I\'ve allready done 3 witch you can find in the decals menu. I didn\'t talk much about them and I think now it was an mistake.

2. Can you tell me more about the issue you encountered? Some tips for jettisoned parts while landing:

- Realease the heatshield during the parachute/solid booster deceleration phase for better jettison.

- If you\'re landing on a satellite, release the skycrane before the end of the solid booster decelaration phase for a better jettison. If you\'re landing on an atmospheric planet, release the skycrane around 5000m once the parachutes are depolyed.

- ALWAYS turn on the RCS before releasing the skycrane (even if you use MechJeb for landing): It stabilizes the skycrane and MORE IMPORTANT once landed it avoid the skycrane being jettisoned right above the rover and crash on it (the lack of RCS fuel in the tanks lightly desequlibrate the skycrane).

When ever I use one of the capsule craft files, after I attach any of the capsule decouplers and proceed to build the rocket all hell breaks loose with my staging. it just randomly places every new part stage within all the capsules landing phases.

May be you have an issue with Multijoint plugin: try to overwrite the plugin.

Check if you\'ve got all the files in the Plugin Data folder.

If these tips don\'t help you, may be you\'ve got a corrupt file. Try to download again the mod.

Hope I could help you.

I did it all, but nothing works :(.

1. I've allready done 3 witch you can find in the decals menu. I didn't talk much about them and I think now it was an mistake.

Ok, I see it now. Thanks for pointing that out to me!

2. Can you tell me more about the issue you encountered? Some tips for jettisoned parts while landing:

- Realease the heatshield during the parachute/solid booster deceleration phase for better jettison.

- If you're landing on a satellite, release the skycrane before the end of the solid booster decelaration phase for a better jettison. If you're landing on an atmospheric planet, release the skycrane around 5000m once the parachutes are depolyed.

- ALWAYS turn on the RCS before releasing the skycrane (even if you use MechJeb for landing): It stabilizes the skycrane and MORE IMPORTANT once landed it avoid the skycrane being jettisoned right above the rover and crash on it (the lack of RCS fuel in the tanks lightly desequlibrate the skycrane).

As I suspected it was my own incompetence. Thanks for the tips and hopefully future test flights will go a bit smoother.

Also, while this is a completely cosmetic issue, I'm not a fan of the "completely white" approach. I think it would add a lot to the realism of the nosecone if you added a few rivets and seams to make it seem more life-like. The skycrane itself and the lander are gorgeous though, nice work!

Since i'm a huge fan of W40K universe, could you tell me how huge is it going to be? If it won't be 1:1 I'm going to be very, veeery disappointed.

I want to make it as big as I could. I don't think I'll be 1:1 because it must fit with the KSP universe scale. Be sure it'll not be 5m long.

I have an important question which has no mention anywhere..... How do you operate the winch? or is it simply a decoupler rather than a winch?

For now the winch is just a decoupler. I'm trying to make it work as it would be.

Oh NO! No Kerbalnaughts and No assent stage for the MEM....

I'll add the MEM's crew in the next update in early september. There's no ascent stage but you can return Kerbin by using the RCS block, like Apollo lunar lander. When docking will be added, I'll add a return stage orbiting around Mun to connect with.

Everything looks fantastic and I'm very impressed with the functionality of the Prometheus rover. Excellent work, and please keep it up!

I have to ask, though---how prone to bouncing/flipping is the rover? It looks very fragile. In the past with other rover mods I've found that bouncing on small obstacles in the Mun's low gravity, then smashing into the terrain at high speed is a common cause of mission failure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.