[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

Here a new update to celebrate the succesfull launch of ATV 4:

What's new?

- Fix .craft files bug with Subassembly Loader

- Balance all engines (including SRBs)

- EAPs upgraded (add tiny jettison SRBs and parachutes)

- New parts: SYLDA (for twin payloads) and payload decoupler

- New .craft files: Ariane 5 + ATV (ready to launch), Ariane + SYLDA (with 2 stock parts satellites)

- Small modifications to EPC and EPS

- New textures (ATV logos) for ATV to celebrate ATV4 succesfull launch

Very nice indeed. I have one question though, do you mind sharing the setup for the collider you use in the radial decoupler? I am guessing it cant be a simple mesh convex, since it would mess up the SRB placement/decoupling.

Very nice indeed. I have one question though, do you mind sharing the setup for the collider you use in the radial decoupler? I am guessing it cant be a simple mesh convex, since it would mess up the SRB placement/decoupling.

Sure, here the screenshot of the Radial decoupler collider:

tj1s37gaie9zcbx4g.jpg

I simply add an invisible collider to surface attached parts to it.

I'm working on another update for the ESA pack: Diamant A and Vega are near to testing phase.

Here a new update to celebrate the succesfull launch of ATV 4:

Great update guys... Runs nice and smooth. 4 launches, 4 parts of varying size and weight station parts to 200k... Perfect!!!

Only thing... Not sure if this was happening before but when the SRB's separate they seem to break the connection between the fuel tank and the rocket motor. Not to where it falls off but it goes of center. A couple of struts seem to fix it.

But other than that flies like a charm. Thanks for the update, looking forward to the next one.

You guys made the Thor probe right?

Just one thing, why did you turn the Thor probe's core and science parts into separate pieces? Craft which had the core part on it are now going to be without instruments.

I separated Thor probe core in 2 parts because of lots animations and sensors. I apologize for the save brakes but I can't always keep save compatibility between updates. You need to rebuild your probe or edit .craft file.

And two pics of the upcoming rockets: Vega and Diamant A.

q4iydmxtet2fjp34g.jpg le58xy1bb9js4y24g.jpg

You're right, Asterix might be the only payload fittable to the very small Diamant A fairing. Diamant A is very small to, very far from a modern launcher, it was more a missile than a launcher. This rocket leads to build the Ariane 1, so I have to had it to this historical pack.

Damn, those rocket are ugly :P Not that you're making them wrong, they're as ugly as they were in real life. So...I guess they are beautifull because of that :D

I agree with you, Vega looks like a stick, but I like Diamant A old-style.

Again, seperate engines?:)

Btw, real life payload capacity in BobCat scale, or just real life parameters to BobCat scale?I ask because for Kerbin ascent you need about 1/2 of the delta-v needed for Earth ascent.

Edited by dimovski

Again, seperate engines?:)

Btw, real life payload capacity in BobCat scale, or just real life parameters to BobCat scale?I ask because for Kerbin ascent you need about 1/2 of the delta-v needed for Earth ascent.

Sorry, no separate engines for these ones because all engines are SRBs except Vega's 4th stage (similar to Ariane 5 last stage).

Here 2 pics to show you the delta-V and relative size to a pod:

f65olepequi4w3d4g.jpg 11fuxg1sm1un6qz4g.jpg

Sorry, no separate engines for these ones because all engines are SRBs except Vega's 4th stage (similar to Ariane 5 last stage).

Here 2 pics to show you the delta-V and relative size to a pod:

snip

Diamant has a hell of a TWR oO

Ahh...SRBs...well anyway, are those SRBs gimballed or how did they get into position?And also, we dont really HAVE to use the fairings, do we?:P
The Vega has a gimballed nozzle driven by electric motors, the first of it's kind. The other engines have hydraulic driven gimbals.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.