Kerbal Space Program Fanart

Pariah

So, now that my work life has slowed down a bit, I\'ve managed to find some time to work on a little animation based on Kerbal. Included are three shots from the completed scenes. Sadly, my avatar is supposed to be an animated .GIF, but sometimes AfterEffects doesn\'t do such a grand job converting data out to looping .GIFs. Oh, well.

Anyhoo, here are three shots.

So, now that my work life has slowed down a bit, I\'ve managed to find some time to work on a little animation based on Kerbal. Included are three shots from the completed scenes. Sadly, my avatar is supposed to be an animated .GIF, but sometimes AfterEffects doesn\'t do such a grand job converting data out to looping .GIFs. Oh, well.

Anyhoo, here are three shots.

Nice work so far! Any hints about the story? Seems like its about one of the kerbalnaughts and his wife or girl \'back home\' who he may never see again.

I have a script written for a Kerbal related 3D animation/short, and Ive started working on some 3D assets. Not sure if Ill ever get it done however... Awfully busy this year... But if I get a whole bunch of pre-production stuff done by the end of 2012 I might be able to whip it up and have it finished by the end of 2013. Might even coincide with the official release of KSP at that rate... Hmmm...

Here\'s a fictional vehicle I made up for the Kerbal universe!

kerbal_transporter_by_phoxtane-d4wezjv.jpg

A long description of the vehicle:

This is the Kerbal Transporter. It is an all-purpose cargo vehicle, designed for moving equipment and materials around a factory or the Vehicle Assembly Building. This model comes equipped with the optional headlamps and cautioning strobe light, for added safety.

It is pictured here with an aluminum blank used in the production of the FL-T500 and FL-T250 fuel tanks. There is enough aluminum in this blank to make eight and four fuel tanks, respectively.

Cargo is loaded onto the top platform and strapped down. To unload, the platform tilts back, allowing the cargo to slide off in true Kerbal fashion.

This is my most complex model to date. I\'m quite pleased with how the strobe light and headlamps turned out!

Made in AutoCAD 2012, Student License. Six light sources, no refining, Presentation quality render. Took about five minutes. I would have liked to add more details, but I got bored.

I mean to finish this at some point, but final exams are imminent and chances are I won\'t be able to get back to it for a while. So here\'s the first draft...

Enjoy! :)

marooneddraft.gif

Poor Bill... or was it Bob ?

Jeb could at least give him a toolbox :)

The traditional depiction of the intrepid kerbonauts. Whatever, I guess. I\'m still to render it properly.

intrepidkerbonauts.jpg

Hey, look at the screen under 'WARN', on the bottom line : You\'re screwed :D

I mean to finish this at some point, but final exams are imminent and chances are I won\'t be able to get back to it for a while. So here\'s the first draft...

marooneddraft.gif

Absolutely lovely! I wish they put this lady into the game at some point.

Meanwhile, I drew something myself. Not even half as cute, and the idea is somewhat obvious, but hey.

couch_gag.png

Absolutely lovely! I wish they put this lady into the game at some point.

Meanwhile, I drew something myself. Not even half as cute, and the idea is somewhat obvious, but hey.

couch_gag.png

Wow! Very well done, and I quite like it!

I finally finished off some KSP fanart I had been working on for a few days. Built with Blender, I rigged up the kerman with a skeleton for posing, and shapekeys for the facial expression. The zipper got a bit wonky though.

Just not quite satisfied with the reflection of Mun on the visor. Ah well, it still turned out pretty good.

marooneddraft.gif

Best Kerbal comic ever seen before... i love this style !

BTW, What would you name her?