[Stock Craft] WWII Messerschmitt Me 262 A-1a "Schwalbe"

Columbia

Columbia, just use an I-Beam or something like that as the parent. Then you end up with a hollow shell, that can be strutted from the inside. You can also attach the radiators to eachother. So you can then just strut at the end.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I may or may not use wing panels as well.

The mod no offset limits lets you offset forever.

That's a thing? ohmygodiwant

- - - Updated - - -

YES! The possibilities are endless! This will certainly help!

iPRldK7.png

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so some posts have been deleted and quotes of them edited. Personal attacks have no place on this forum, and replying to them in-kind just forces everyone else to read through even more unpleasantness. Please, people, just hit the report button on things you believe are problems and let us moderators deal with it. After all, that's what we (do not) get paid for. :D

Ah, thanks! I didn't know that was against the rules, only those that really personally offend, judging from.. past reports. :D

I should make a list of mods for builders, with NoOffsetLimits, WASDEditorcam, KER, EE, that kind of thing.
And Part Angle Display. Also a mod that breaks symmetry. Plus Kerbpaint. I'm fed up with the standard colours.

I'll try these soon.. I hope it will cause much less annoyance. :P

Progress on Fuselage:

50eZ5s7.png

22TNnlU.png

I'll try these soon.. I hope it will cause much less annoyance. :P

Progress on Fuselage:

http://i.imgur.com/50eZ5s7.png

http://i.imgur.com/22TNnlU.png

WASD camera is hard to get used to, I ended up getting rid of it. EEX is good, make sure you know your keyboard shortcuts for symmetry and radial multipliers x and shift x. Intake Build Aid and RCSBuildAid are also very useful.

WASD camera is hard to get used to, I ended up getting rid of it. EEX is good, make sure you know your keyboard shortcuts for symmetry and radial multipliers x and shift x. Intake Build Aid and RCSBuildAid are also very useful.

To be honest, I kinda had difficulties with EEX..

Yeah, you can build more than twice as fast with both hands.

You have a point.

Anyways, the Me 262 looks even messier with the radiator panels now that the trade-off for an accurate cross section seems to be.. not really worth it. I can change the engines and cockpit, but with little experience, not so much the fuselage.

Should I continue building the fuselage with radiator panels instead? Or should I focus on the other features?

Sorry, don't want to derail further just to say theres an EEX 2.8 video out, it has auto strut and fuel line symmetry, looks really neat. Back to your thread sorry again.

Yeah.. looking at it again, I don't think it will be as helpful in my case as said by others..

Just keep plugging away at it until you are happy with it and that it looks the part. If it were easy there'd be a 262 Fuselage part.

Yes, i am happy with this in it's current state, but others aren't (Perhaps I'm not the most perfectionist person out there), so I have to work on an unventured area.

The problem with this is that it needs to be a soft-triangle cross section, not the standard "Radial Symmetry around it until it fits". And as you've probably seen from the earlier pictures of assembly, it looks even more horrid (To me) with the radiator panels, so that's why I'm asking your opinions, not mine.

To help you in your quest to slay the radiator demon I shall proffer a suggestion... Have you tried creating it as "separate" sections?

I had a very quick stab and using two large panels as parents mirrored to be the top sides, attached to that are small panels, and a single large to be the bottom. Yes, needs tweaking, but the shape doesn't seem that far off?

Edit: Don't forget to mix and match the radiator panels! That will be the key...

9V23HaN.jpg

In fact, I would actually just attach each section to the first ibeam, and then run the panels along each other once I had a definitive direction for the shape.

Craft file = https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dnyotzry7e1kr3/MEbody.craft?dl=0

To help you in your quest to slay the radiator demon I shall proffer a suggestion... Have you tried creating it as "separate" sections?

I had a very quick stab and using two large panels as parents mirrored to be the top sides, attached to that are small panels, and a single large to be the bottom. Yes, needs tweaking, but the shape doesn't seem that far off?

Edit: Don't forget to mix and match the radiator panels! That will be the key...

http://i.imgur.com/9V23HaN.jpg

In fact, I would actually just attach each section to the first ibeam, and then run the panels along each other once I had a definitive direction for the shape.

Craft file = https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dnyotzry7e1kr3/MEbody.craft?dl=0

Thanks! But I think I'll try a different approach.

I voted other on the poll, I think it's all part of the fun to build things in KSP, Rockets and Bombs can be created although I think it would be nice if we had more parts for building them.

You have a point.. I hope I can build both.

So, what do you guys think of this?

kalwOjE.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.