How to make custom cargo bay

I saw some cargo bays made out of wings in videos like these:

I tried to make something like this but it won't stay together no matter how many struts. I can't use welding mod because I am on a dark multiplayer server so they can't see the custom part welding makes. I still tried it and it made it act really weird. This is my ship: JikZdhM.jpg

It sags down in the middle. The com and col are balanced, I checked. I can't figure out how to weld JUST the cargo bay because I have to select the command pod to select the whole cargo bay. When I try to re root and remove the command pod, it takes the whole ship with it! Please help!

Edited by thedanieldude

You will be using alt or ctrl (cant remember, been a minute) to angle parts rather than being forced to work with 90 degree angled parts.

You will also work with infernal robotics http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/116064-1-0-4-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Infernal-Robotics-0-21-3

It has hinges and the like.

Wish I could tell you more but I rarely use infernal (but it IS good) and there are so many options, I am better suited to open the door to your creativity rather than limit it with known application.

I saw some cargo bays made out of wings in videos like these:

I tried to make something like this but it won't stay together no matter how many struts. I can't use welding mod because I am on a dark multiplayer server so they can't see the custom part welding makes. I still tried it and it made it act really weird. This is my ship: http://i.imgur.com/JikZdhM.jpg

It sags down in the middle. The com and col are balanced, I checked. I can't figure out how to weld JUST the cargo bay because I have to select the command pod to select the whole cargo bay. When I try to re root and remove the command pod, it takes the whole ship with it! Please help!

I would start the cargo bay with a structural frame down the middle botom and then attach the wing parts to that. One strut to link the wings together at the top. One/two struts to attach each section of wings to the other. You can make stock bearings or attach the door via docking ports and drop it use monoprop thrusters to get it back up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.