Sector 7 Space Laboratories Dropship Division - Galaxy Myth

Castille7

Galaxy Myth

This craft can takeoff like an Aircraft or VTOL. There are 24 Whiplash Lift Engines in the Engine Compartments with 12 on the Wings and 4 on the Stern. It seems to have enough fuel to deliver the two Myth Rovers in it's cargo bays and return to the runway but I have been falling short, if fuel is used wisely it might be possible.

Flight Operations:

Takeoff

Activate RCS & SAS at takeoff with full throttle press the spacebar once to Engage Lift Engines, allow the craft to lift then activate Starboard, Port & Stern Engines by pressing the spacebar a second time, I have been allowing the craft to reach 60ms to 70ms before disengaging the Lift Engines by pressing 1 and then pressing 4 to close the Engine Compartments.

Landing

When approaching a Landing Zone disengage the Stern Engines by pressing 2 to slow the crafts traveling speed, then open the Engine Compartments by pressing 4, Note: Lift Engines will not activate with the Bay Doors Closed or Partially Closed. Now activate the Lift Engines by pressing 1 and reduce to half throttle, the craft will hover near half throttle or just a little above and this will help you to adjust for descent speed. Using your Throttle and the S,W & K keys will give you enough control to land the rest is your Pilot Skills.

Unloading Cargo

When unloading the Rovers they need to be unloaded one at a time.

Flight Controls:

1-Lift Engines

2-Stern Engines

3-Port & Starboard Engines

4-Engine Compartment Doors

5-Cargo Bay Doors

6-Cockpit Ladders

7-Vertical Landing Lights

8-Head Lights

9-Safety Lights

0-Galaxy Myth Lights

SPECIAL NOTE: This craft is a Top Secret Mission Craft and any unauthorized access would jeopardize our Countries Safety so whenever you are unloading Cargo please close the doors or the Craft will Self Destruct!! .........Click on the Craft Name to Download the Craft.

Video Footage - A Must See

Edited by castille7
Unloading the Craft

Very nice! I'll check the video when I get home.

Thank you! Make sure the sound is on, cool song with the video

- - - Updated - - -

That's huge! Incredible..

Thanks Columbia!

- - - Updated - - -

You have probably thought of this but if the front horizontal flight engines are not slightly offset from the rear ones their thrust will be blocked.

I didn't think about that and I do have a few tweaks I left out on the Craft and the Video, I had so many hours on this one I started leaving details behind, I might put some more work on it and repost at a later date with some updates

Thank you selfish_meme good advice is always welcome, this helps for future builds for me and others.

Edited by castille7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.