Kerbal Top Trumps

Kerbal Top Trumps!

This a kind of quickfire game thread for showcasing your crafts in a slightly structured/competetive way (it's not exactly Top Trumps, but similar!). This isn't a challenge, it's just supposed to be a bit of fun and give some of the lesser-known builders out there somewhere to dip their toes and show off their skills.

Here's how it works, really quick:

• I post a picture of my craft, with a value for several statistics (see below).
  • Then someone responds with a picture of your own craft that has at least one statistic that's higher than mine.
  • Then the next person responds with their picture and statistics, beating at least one of your statistics.
  • And so on...

N.B. You don't need to beat the previous craft in every statistic, just in one, even its very lowest!

Rules:

I have better things to do than police this thread and enforce these rules, but please try to keep it in the spirit of fun and fairness.

1. STOCK CRAFT ONLY PLEASE (but feel free to set up a modded version)

1a. Having mods installed is fine as long as you have not used any modded parts on your craft.

1b. You may submit any given craft ONCE ONLY, although if you have made design revisions or alterations it can count as a new craft.

2. If we accidentally double up with two people trumping the same one, the next person can choose which craft to trump.

3. This is an honour system. Please don't cheat or lie! If you think someone did, who cares - just trump them!

4. Your post must include:

• the craft's name (make it sound cool!)
  • a statement of which statistic(s) you're trumping
  • a screenshot of the craft somewhere (ideally not SPH/VAB, but you won't be disqualified)
  • *the pricetag in roots
  • *the maximum crew capacity
  • *the mass of the craft
  • *the craft's longest dimension (length/width/height)
  • *the part count
  • (optional) something noteworthy or special about the craft (e.g. single-stage-to-Laythe, high payload fraction, Eve-ascender, etc. This one can't be trumped by the next post, but it's somewhere to show off :D)

*These statistics can all be found in the SPH/VAB. If you don't know how, click the icon in the lower right corner of the build HUD and a popup will tell you most of it!

Lastly, try to play nice - this isn't about being the best, it's about showing what you've got, so please no bespoke crafts just to win or set an unbeatable precedent. If you design something new and want to use it that's fine, but I expect most crafts to come from people's current library.

That's it! Let the trumping commence! (and no fart jokes...!)

============================================================================================

First up, I thought I'd start you gently with a boat:

This is the Polar Aurora.

(It's highest statistic is probably Part Count or Price (since there's nobody to trump yet :) )

8121acn.jpg

• Price: $64,118
  • Crew Capacity: 2
  • Mass: 30.7t
  • Longest Dimension: Length, 17.1m
  • Part Count: 72 (including launch trucks)
  • Special: Boat, best speed on water: ~145m/s

Edited by The_Rocketeer

I know you said stock but what if the craft has slight mod to it that doesn't completely affect the crafts performance like say BD armory?

Parts are out since they contribute to part count, mass, and possibly dimensions. Sorry, but fair's fair. :kiss:

Aesthetic mods are fine, engineering/information mods, even mods that include parts BUT you mustn't use any mod parts.

If you have any mod parts attached, you can remove them or swap them and still submit that craft.

As I said, if demand is sufficient then Kerbal Top Trumps (Modded Edition) is a viable thread you can start up. :)

Gives you the first hand.

Very sporting! Thanks!

Edited by The_Rocketeer

• 2 weeks later...

The T.R.U.C.K. (I think I cheated a little with the acronym by using the word kerbaled instead of manned) is my submission, beating the Polar Aurora in both cost, mass, and part count.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Price: $125,094

Crew Capacity: 1

Mass: 52.5t

Longest Dimension: Width, 8.3 meters

Part Count: 135

Special: Room for 30,000 ore

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.